Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackson/Vinton county hunting lease

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Hey guys,I have 6 openings on my 1,050 acre lease on the jackson/Vinton county line. Price per man is $486 per year. If you need any more info let me know. Thanks.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
20 guys total. I had no complaints of crowding last year.
One year commitment. July 1 2015-June 30 2016
You can go there anytime. Day or night during that entire year. Just have to abide by the Ohio DNR laws.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
20 is too much IMO. Good luck with. I'd pay double that to have half the competition.

I'm sure it'll fill up without too much effort.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
20 is too much IMO. Good luck with. I'd pay double that to have half the competition.

I'm sure it'll fill up without too much effort.

I had to gather up almost 10k for it and I almost everyone I talked to didn't want to spend over 500. I'm sure if I had months in advance to try to find the right people I would be able to get ten guys at 1k. I don't hunt it personally but if I start getting complaints about too many hunters I'll have to cut back. I think one guy said he saw two others the entire season he was hunting. Didn't hear anything from anyone else.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Also a lot of guys just use it as a back up place to rest their own farms or as a nice little weekend trip. Cheap enough for those who live away to come three or four times in deer and a couple times in turkey and feel like they got their moneys worth.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Also a lot of guys just use it as a back up place to rest their own farms or as a nice little weekend trip. Cheap enough for those who live away to come three or four times in deer and a couple times in turkey and feel like they got their moneys worth.
Its not a bad investment for that. If it was 19 other guys I knew, I'd be in. In fact, there have been lots of talk of a TOO lease. This would be a perfect place!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I was on a Vinton lease about the same size that had about 20 people. 3 were out of staters, 3 lived in north ohio, only about 5 bowhunted and three of us lived 1.5 hours away. The problem we had was gun season. In true Vinton county tradition there would be 30 people at the cabin opening day and only about 8-10 of them members. They would drive the piss out of this deer and shoot at anything not standing still. To each their own but it wasn't my style. I guess it's a trade off for so few Bowhunters though.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Should make it a bow only lease... No gun hunting just archery....

Thought about that, BUT the majority of the guys on it only use it for gun season only. I had a group of guys last year that were the majority of the members. I think there was 17 of them, now this year only 12. If you guys wanted to start working your way in it could ultimately be a TOO lease eventually.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
To they have preference to renew? In other words, when 2016 rolls around, can you just lease to a new group of 20?

Or...

You could find another 1K acre lease and lease it to us. :smiley_coolpeace:

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I don't like screwing people over so I have been giving them the option to renew. However if the number of members keeps dropping and I keep having to find guys I'll have to do something different. Either cut down on the number of members or find a new group

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well let me put this out there...

There is a STRONG contingent of folks here who would like to have a lease together in SE Ohio. However we are all very busy and it is difficult for any one person amongst the bunch to spear head this. If we were presented with a nice, neat package that was boiled down to "sign here" and "make checks payable to", I can see several of us jumping on board.

So keep us in mind and know we'd make a damn fine group of lessors...