Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Myrtle Beach Fishing?

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I have always refused the annual beach trip. I HATE the beach. But my wife guilted me into a last minute trip leaving next weekend. I then came up with the brilliant (or not so) idea of taking my kayak and fishing the inlet/marsh/creek behind our condo in North Myrtle. I'm clueless to this kind of fishing. I'm sure shrimp will probably catch fish. Does anyone here have any tips, hints or suggestions? Her future happiness depends on me catching fish.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Get some gulp alive in New penny color . Also get some white and red jigheads. Fish areas where theres current, such as the tidal streams and spilllouts from marsh ponds . Let the current sweep your jig as you bounce it along the bottom. Carolina rigging live mullet works great to . Get a small castnet and learn to use it . Beach fishing with live mullet and cut mullet can be productive to .

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Gee I can't think of any type of fishing could be better than watching almost undressed girls on the beach. Just saying.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I always had good luck down there fishing from the beach at night. Cut mullet rigged up like you're fishing for catfish. Walk out 40 yds and cast, then walk back to shore. Catch lots of sand sharks.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm mostly interested in fishing from my kayak in the early mornings while my wife sleeps.

OK now I understand. Fish in the early morning before the girls are out on the beach. Then out in the afternoon watching the girls.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Why such hostility for the beach. Lol. Do tell.
I'm wondering too. I'm as outdoorsy as they come and I flat out love the beach. Not much better than soaking up the sun, cocktail in hand, cool ocean breeze, and beautiful scenery all around.

Ricer2231

I'm wondering too. I'm as outdoorsy as they come and I flat out love the beach. Not much better than soaking up the sun, cocktail in hand, cool ocean breeze, and beautiful scenery all around.

I agree with you jäger. I'm lovin the beach and the sarsaparillas. Heading down Myrtle way in less than two weeks.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Im a pale skinned Ginger, so I'm not a big fan of long exposure to the sun. But damn, I love looking at the ladies. But I'm always wondering what I could catch (from the water, not the ladies)

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I'm heading down to topsail island in a week . Plan on doin the family thing, with some fishing on the side .