Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I think I can say I am winning

rsmith

Just pulled the card today after work and there is buck with a whole lot of growth showing up! I will let the pictures and videos do the rest.

another buck with good growth

and all others with growth

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff. Things start getting exciting in June, July, and August. Then halfway through September the buck we watched all summer disappears. :smiley_blackeye:

Hope that big ol' boy sticks around for you buddy. I would stay out of there as much as I could if i were getting regular pics of a nice buck like this. Especially in August and September. Have your stands hung in June, or July at the latest. Lanes trimmed. Just be ready to slide into the tree when the season opens. Might not matter. Much happens between now and hunting season, but why risk it?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Good stuff. Things start getting exciting in June, July, and August. Then halfway through September the buck we watched all summer disappears. :smiley_blackeye:

Hope that big ol' boy sticks around for you buddy. I would stay out of there as much as I could if i were getting regular pics of a nice buck like this. Especially in August and September. Have your stands hung in June, or July at the latest. Lanes trimmed. Just be ready to slide into the tree when the season opens. Might not matter. Much happens between now and hunting season, but why risk it?
Exactly. Its hard telling if he'll stick around. A lot of deer move to their fall range sometimes miles away. The best thing you can do, like Phil said, is have your stuff in order by July at the latest and keep the pressure off of him. As the bucks get bigger and the velvet starts to shed they get even more paranoid, you don't want to be pressuring them then. I'd say he's going to turn into a real dandy!

rsmith

I try and stay out as much as I can. I will be hunting from a blind this year and already have that all cleared out from turkey season. I do need to hang one stand which I will do in the next month. Last year they started to break up and dispurse about 2 weeks before season. Hopefully they will stick around this year but the year is still early

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Be interesting to see what he does in the next month. Got any pics from last season to see if he resembles any of them?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good looking buck Ryan! Yeah, It'd be interesting to see if you have some pics of him last season so you can compare his growing and in the end how much he jumped.

Good luck with him Ryan!