Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hortontoters 2015 Trail Camera Photos

A little late to the party this spring. It has been a rough spring for my property. Lots of water damage from spring downpours. The major damage was erosion in my driveway and my tractor trails. The tractor trails are the life blood for my ability to hunt my property. If they are not driveable I'm for the most part sunk. Spent the better part of May hauling fill dirt to repair the tractor trails. Still got quite a bit to get done, but it has been a slow process. To make matters worse I was shoveling a load of dirt in to my trailer last Wednesday and tore up my lower back. Just this morning I'm finally feeling fairly decent.

Enough of the excuses, lets see what the camera has caught at my TR site. Nothing that has me excited yet. Buy I think the buck in the second photo just might be the buck I named Junior last summer. He definitely has the same type of antler development that Splitter had this time of the year. He is a frequent visitor to the TR so keeping tabs on his development should be fairly easy to document.

Attachments

• HUNT0678.jpg
    HUNT0678.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 141
  • HUNT1418.jpg
    HUNT1418.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 133
Looking good on the bucks Dick. Man I sure hate to hear about all the erosion on you place, not to mention you hurting your back. Not good at all. I guess it's stuff like that which makes us stronger but man that sure can be discouraging. Might have to plan a get together there at your place and hand a bunch of us a shovel to lend a hand. End of August would work for me if you could hold out til then.

Thanks for the gesture Chuck, it is appreciated. I've got all the trails passable as of last Wednesday. I'll be adding more fill throughout the summer just to improve them more. My SIL helps me quite a bit when he has time. But, he works nearly 60 hours most weeks so I don't call on him unless I really need to. My buddy that hunts with me in November helps when he can also.

The one storm we had this spring was the worst there in many years. Nearly four inches of rain in less than two hours. That caused some major erosion that closed some roads in the area for over a week. I'm sure you know what that kind of rain can do in hill country.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Nice looking deer, dick. I'd also be willing to lend a hand if you need help, I'm not that far from ya. Let me know next time your making the trip to Carroll county, it would be nice to meet ya anyways.

Water always wins, that's what Glen Hagee says LOL! The stream in the big holla of our property is really wearing away at the banks after those rains. One portion we have about a 10 ft path that we can still get around with the 4 wheeler however that bank is straight down and has been deteriorating fast the last couple years. Not sure what we're going to do once that happens. Glad you have some help though on the paths Dick. That's a lot of hard work just for one person so the offer is always open.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He looking pretty good Dick! Sorry to hear about your back and the erosion issues though! Awesome gestures from the TOO family!!! Love this place! Wish we all lived closer to each other!

Had to do some mowing today at the cabin. Hung another camera while I was there and grabbed the card from my camera that monitors the TR. Nothing exciting yet. I'm thinking these two may be the best around, but it is still early. At this rate it may be a boring fall.

Attachments

• HUNT7354.jpg
    HUNT7354.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 178
Had to do some mowing today at the cabin. Hung another camera while I was there and grabbed the card from my camera that monitors the TR. Nothing exciting yet. I'm thinking these two may be the best around, but it is still early. At this rate it may be a boring fall.

I wouldn't worry to much. The big boys will show up, they always do.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hope you are feeling better Dick. Lower back pain is no fun. I agree with the others, no need to get too upset over which bucks are hanging around. Come November all bets are off. Attract some does, and cross your fingers. lol

Pulled a couple of cards today. Once again nothing exciting. The same two bucks are hanging around my mineral site. Seems like the bucks in my area have a thing about weird ear markings. Splitter had splits in both ears and the one buck this year has a large round mark on the inside of his right ear. The mark shows in my first and last photo. At least I should be able to identify him as he progresses.

Attachments

• HUNT2716.jpg
    HUNT2716.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 137
  • HUNT2717.jpg
    HUNT2717.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 174
  • HUNT2718.jpg
    HUNT2718.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 141