Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Affiliate_Deal_ Branch trimming loopers

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I needed a new heavy duty trimming looper. I went to Rural King and picked up a 32" gear driven looper made by Fiskars. It says it'll cut 2" and I know it cuts 1.5" thorn and honeysuckle branches like hot butter. This is heavy duty and should last for ever.
Cost 35.99 and was a cut above the other 4-5 loopers they had.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Fiskars makes some good stuff. I have been happy with the several Fiskars products I have bought. Thanks Frank!

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The looper stays on the golfcart so it's always handy to trim brush around the electric fence. Never ending battle with the honeysuckle brush.

I get pissed everytime I go to Rural King and declare a tax free item for the farm. Their computer is programmed at Corp. I always have to get a over ride. And what really pisses me off is I declare it tax free for farm use and it rings up taxable, but the cashier isn't permitted to tell the customer the item has been taxed. The customer must catch it and that's not good customer service. But I sorta understand the local people can't change it. I just double check every item. And only one cash register can do the over ride sales so I only go to that register.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wish they'd put one up here.... Closest one is New Philadelphia.....

It's just a TSC store but 20 times bigger. There's a Rural King and TSC store side by side here. Don't see how the TSC store stays open.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We manage a plaza. They had a WM store leave and build a Super Center next door. Had a large grocery store leave the plaza when the WM moved and re-opened to sell groceries next door. That is minus 2 anchor stores in the plaza. I suggested a Rural King to them several times. Rural King wasn't interested. Supposedly ran a local market analysis and didn't see a good fit. I call BS. We have 2 TSC in town. I know many guys who drive to VanWert (40min away) to go to the closest Rural King. I would have loved to see one move into our local plaza. They are TSC on steroids for sure.

HuntingAgain

We are lucky to have both TSC and Rural King here in Van Wert. I like both stores and having them both makes for better pricing. The gun barn in Rural King is nice and sells quite a few guns and accessories. I just wish they had more of an Archery selection.

I recently purchased a building here in town that I will be moving my current business into and have given a lot of thought of opening and Archery Shop in part of it. I could even put an indoor range on the vacant second floor. But I know with my current business, suppliers are not always the easiest to deal with when your just a small business making it difficult to deal with customers that only shop by price and you have to try and compete with online retailers, eBay. etc.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I recently got a pair of these pruners. Will never use the other kind again!

I've been using them heavy for almost 8 months now and I still stand by my opinion that there the best I've tried for 40 yrs. With a mile plus of electric fence to trim they are great and hell it even works great for deer brush trimming.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I carried my cordless drill for the first time into the woods when I moved a stand..... Man am I a slow fuggin learner.....