Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camo stand surrounds

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
20150424_155933.jpg20150424_130110.jpg20150424_132915.jpg

Got these from Amazon for $20. there 12' long. enough to wrap around a double stand. They have ties every foot all the way around the outside. The are folded and sowed with gromets.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks great. Only movement deer can see is your upper body. It's been my good experience for the last 2 years is the deer don't notice or are bothered by the big blob in the tree as some think.
For the last 2 years I've been using a fully enclosed ladder stand blind I got from Phil. The deer just walk by at 10-20 yds. and never notice the big blob in the tree.
In 2013 I shot my nice 8 pt. buck at 12 yds. and he was walking straight towards me.
It's my firm belief if a deer spooks out because of a big blob in a tree it was hunter movement not the big blob that spooked the deer. How many hunters use ground blind at eye level and shoot a good many nice deer? Ground blinds are a hell of a lot bigger blob.
IMHO

Last edited:

Diablo54

Outside
Only issue I see is they are an easy find for thieves. But a thief will find it and steal the stand no matter what if the want it.