Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Texas Rising series

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The new Texas Rising series starts tonight on the History Channel. I hope it's a true to form series based on facts. I'm a history buff and I just hate when they miss it.

The Hatfield and Mccoy series was wasn't too bad considering how many years they had to squeeze into a mini series program. The revolution one was terrible from a historical point of veiw.

It's pretty sad that the BBC does a better job at making American history documentaries than the history channel or pbs.

Last edited:

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
The Hatfield and Mccoy series was wasn't too bad considering how many years they had to squeeze into a mini series program. The revolution one was terrible from a historical point of veiw.

It's pretty sad that the BBC does a better job at making American history documentaries than the history channel or pbs.

Agreed

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
If it's anything like Sons Of Liberty, I'll pass. That series was way off. Like waaay off.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I found the show rather interesting. Not sure about the guy who survived the Alamo. But the producers do take some liberties to make the story interesting so as not to loose the viewers.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I only got half way through last night. Got tired. Gonna finish the rest ASAP.
There was a ton pretty accurate.
They had the correct names of the ladies that Santa Anna let walk. I was surprised there.
The reasons why Houston didn't go to their aid, how he ordered Bowie and Crockett to get the cannon and leave the Alamo... All good.

Juan Seguin pissed off at Houston about not going in to help was accurate as well.

Never knew Deaf Smith was actually deaf.

Never heard of a guy fighting his way out.

Not sure about the Injuns attacking the ladies on their way out of the Alamo.

Seems like a good start to the series though.

Mooosie

You know it is hard for a bunch of libs to do a story about fighting for freedom and killing Mexicans and Indians

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I enjoyed the 2 shows so far. In several scenes Deaf Smith knew the guys were talking when not looking at him so he could read their lips.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've watched each show and and the last series is next Monday. But I swear it appeared sometimes they where on a Sunday picnic rather getting ready for a war. It sure seemed low key in a time of war.
One scene when Deaf had to put is injured horse down it appeared he had red blood on his beard then 1 minute later in the same scene his beard was clean. I notice things like that.