Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

choke tubes

rsmith

Was thinking about getting a new choke tube. Was looking at Indian Creek's extended ported choke and also the Jelly head max and was wondering what everyone else was using. Any help from anyone using a gun with a browning invector plus set up would be greatly appreciated.

lmbhngr

SWOH
I've been shooting an Indian Creek Black Diamond in my Benelli SBE2. It patterns well to 60yds and has killed at 62yds with Winchester loads.

rsmith

I ended up going with a jelly head max cause I got it for 30 bucks, should be here later this week, hopefully it will pattern good, where I hunt the max you will shoot is about 45 yards so I'm not worried about super far patterns

rsmith

Just came across this as I'm looking forward to this spring and getting a new setup. How did the Jelly Head Max end up performing and with what loads?
Sorry about the late reply but it patterned amazing at 40 with Winchester Long beard xr 12g 3in 1 3/4 5 shot out of my gun. And it patterned really well at 30 with Winchester double x 12g 3in 1 3/4 5 shot. The long beard xr has way to close of a pattern for anything under 30 if you're using just the bead but if you have a scope on it I would have no hesitation using it for anything between 20-50. I really don't have anywhere to take a shot on a bird at 50 yards but it patterned good at 50 with my setup. But it is a great choke tube and I would deffinatly recommend it for the price.

rsmith

Where you been Ryan? Did you have a good deer season?
Been busy with school, buying a new truck, working a whole lot, and trying to get a internship for the summer for wildlife managment. Deer season was good! Didn't shoot anything but it was nice to get out and enjoy it.

Sorry about the late reply but it patterned amazing at 40 with Winchester Long beard xr 12g 3in 1 3/4 5 shot out of my gun. And it patterned really well at 30 with Winchester double x 12g 3in 1 3/4 5 shot. The long beard xr has way to close of a pattern for anything under 30 if you're using just the bead but if you have a scope on it I would have no hesitation using it for anything between 20-50. I really don't have anywhere to take a shot on a bird at 50 yards but it patterned good at 50 with my setup. But it is a great choke tube and I would deffinatly recommend it for the price.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the input!!!