Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Ford 420 industrial tractor

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ford 420 industrial tractor rated at 51 HP. I believe 1975 or so but I will check the serial number for correct year.
1. Purchased in 2002
2. In 2001 a new Ford factory diesel engine was installed and the entire tractor gone through. It was a personal tractor of my BIL friend and he sold it to me to fund another project.
3. In 2002 I install 2 new rear tires. Front are used truck tires off our Ford 250 pickup.
4. Most industrial tractors do not have a PTO or 3 pt. attachments. This tractor does have both so I assume it was purchased as Township mower tractor. As it was purchased at a Township outside of Findlay.
Been a excellent tractor for me over the years but I wanted a front end loader.
I have the altenator off it now to check it out.
PTO and 3 pt. work fine.
Uses no oil and radiator doesn't leak.

$4000.00

I'll throw in the front end loader parts shown. Missing the pump, mounting bracket, pump drive shaft, and misc. mounting brackets. I assume the cylinders will need to be rebuilt. The hoses are shot.
I have operating manual and shop repair manual.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is a fair price for a 51hp diesel tractor. Those old Fords were tanks. I looked at several of the 3000/4000 series early this spring as a second tractor. Ended up selling mine and buying a 43hp Kubota. If I had a need I would walk up with $3500 cash and a trailer. Probably leave with it even if you didn't budge on price. That will make someone a great machine.