Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Home ac

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
York, been working keeping the house warm in the winter and cool in the summer for 18 years..... A/C haven't had any issues at all in that timeframe..... Furnace just changed the blower motor this last winter..... Bearings were a little noisy on start up.....

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i just pulled my old furnace and ac out got a new one on the way should be here monday its a goodman, i manly heat with wood and just replaced my hot blast wood furnace with a new outdoor unit, ive spent alot of money here latley but should be worth it this summer with cheaper electric bill. and should be nice and warm this winter

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
York 90% effecient unit. I have a 90 ft long ranch house and installed 2 AC and 2 furnace units in 1994. Only problem in 20 yrs. was a furnace pig tail wire connector lost contact and shorted out last year. But no real problem as I just cut the pig tail unit out and connected the wires after having the unit checked by a furnace friend.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
What brand home ac dou you have? How old is it and what problems have you had if any?
Why do you ask? Are you in the market for a new one?

Armstrong 97% modulating gas furnace with a 16 SEER 3 ton 16 SEER. All manufactures out there make good quality stuff except Goodman. (Sorry Bigten) What needs to be researched is the cost of the parts when they start breaking down. This is where most of the big name manufactures (Lennox, Carrier, Bryant, Trane, Goodman) make all their money.

The other big thing to watch out for is to make sure that the contractor you are using knows his stuff. There are a lot of handyman type guys out there that think furnaces and A/Cs are just like replacing windows or doors, but in all reality its not even close.

If there are any other questions or ways I can help just ask! My pleasure to help my TOO brothers out.

Last edited: