Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

10+ year bow change

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
After being a DIE hard Mathews shooter for over 10 years this year I actually walked away from them! It was definitely a tough move for me, I compare it to me walking away from GMC/Chevy trucks. After shooting the "New" NoCam HTR I saw several things I just truly did NOT like and felt like they went backwards in technology. I shot an Elite Energy 32 last year and my mind has been pondering on it every since, the only thing I didn't like about it was the draw cycle wasn't as smooth. Well I sold my Mathews Z7 Xtreme and finally went out and bought the new Elite Synergy. By far the best shooting bow I've owned to date which is a tough pill to swallow bc I LOVED my Switchback XT. The valley and let off on these new elites is just flat out incomparable to any other bow IMO. Although I killed my biggest deer to date with a Mathews I think I will have just as many good years with this new Elite..... Here she is boys!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
did they ever get rid of that metallic tin sound they had back in 2010? i have never considered them because they are a louder bow

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ford, Chevy, Dodge. Matthews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite. . . . Whatever works for you. Enjoy!

Heck yeah man that looks sweet!! I did the exact same route you went last year Rutin!! Only thing was, a week after I picked up my Energy 35 they came out with the Synergy LOL!! Milo you really gotta give these new Elites a try!! Maybe one of these days before summer I'll swing by to let ya tinker with it!!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Heck yeah man that looks sweet!! I did the exact same route you went last year Rutin!! Only thing was, a week after I picked up my Energy 35 they came out with the Synergy LOL!! Milo you really gotta give these new Elites a try!! Maybe one of these days before summer I'll swing by to let ya tinker with it!!

one if theses days...what they did in illinois still doesnt sit well with me

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Milo, yes there is absolutely no sound coming from these bows. The only sound you here is the impact down range. I shot the new HTR and Synergy side by side for over and hour and there was a noticeable difference in noise. I honestly think the HTR is louder bc of the Teflon slides on the string next to each cam constantly hitting the cam. It's truly a flawed design which is why they put those Teflon guides there so the cams weren't chewing the strings up.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
what noise level would you compare this bow to in comparison( the elite) ?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i just watched some you tube of it and i must say they appear to have their act together with this bow. it seemed nice and quiet on video. its where i like a hunting bow to be ATA wise

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
what noise level would you compare this bow to in comparison( the elite) ?

Honestly I don't know if I have anything to compare it too, its beyond quiet. Perfect ATA, great brace height, super fast, and the let off is just flat out INSANE. I've never shot a Prime but I've been hearing some good things about them as well so I can give a comparison to anything other than my history with my Mathews and NONE are in the same category as this one!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
So I picked up one of these bows about 3 weeks ago and after finally setting it up, tuning and finally hitting the course i am pretty pleased with this bow. It draws very smooth and after a week with the grip and can shoot it comfortably and consistantly. For me the ATA is perfect for the stand. The draw cycle is one of the better ones i have shot in a while. You really notice how aggressive other cams are once you shoot this bow and then go shoot something else. MY plan for this one was to keep it for some time (keep your snickering to yourself) and mainly my hunting bow. This is a real joy to shoot for me and hits fairly hard. Noise is level is below average i would say and while its not the quietest bow, its nowhere near some others i have shot. camo finish is excellent. The cams and limb pockets im not completely sold on. To me they seem to chip easy. its still early in the evaluation process. Speed, well there are better out there but there is plenty of power to come from this bow. I did have to upgrade the cable slide to a saunder hyperglide which is my first experience with the product but it is a really nice option. We are mostly spoiled compared to our fathers bows they had to shoot. This will complement my deer killing options nicely. The bow is a little heavier than i cared for but i understand the design and i can appreciate what they are trying to do. I would recommend this bow to anyone looking and give them a shot.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Like Zach, I love my Switchback XT and I take most of my bow advice from Milo. Looks like I'll be getting an Elite in the spring... lmao

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I didn't think you'd ever own an Elite, Milo. lol Sounds like a nice rig though.
I know... I know... Tuning lots of bows and taught me to be a little more open minded to different grips than what I was used to. I'm probably a little more open minded to different things now.