Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anti-Hunter

BowCrazed

Hey guys, I really need some advice from yall. I sent out packets of information with a letter asking for permission to hunt to several landowners in the area. All have said no so far but have been very nice about it except one guy. He left me a voicemail attacking me for hunting saying how could I kill God's innocent little creatures. Do I call him back to acknowledge his response to my letter or just leave it as it is now? Thanks guys!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'd call him back and ask him how much he contributes yearly to the state of Ohio for conservation. Edit... Not that the DNR conserves anything lol

Last edited:

Big Weff

Athens
Do you know this guy who is chastising you about killing gods creatures? Haha, if not I would just say screw him, but if it's really eating at you I'd try talking to him in person and explaining that you meant no disrespect and that you hunt the animals ethically and with the up most respect. No sense in burning a bridge if you don't have too, hard to tell how many nice property owners he knows haha

BowCrazed

Do you know this guy who is chastising you about killing gods creatures? Haha, if not I would just say screw him, but if it's really eating at you I'd try talking to him in person and explaining that you meant no disrespect and that you hunt the animals ethically and with the up most respect. No sense in burning a bridge if you don't have too, hard to tell how many nice property owners he knows haha

I don't know him personally but I have been contacted by some of his family who own property next to his. They said not this year but they would consider it in the future. I thought about using Genesis 9:3 and asking him if he eats meat and where he thinks it comes from. Just don't see anyway it could turn out well though with him. He had somemore attitude in his voicemail.

Big Weff

Athens
I don't know him personally but I have been contacted by some of his family who own property next to his. They said not this year but they would consider it in the future. I thought about using Genesis 9:3 and asking him if he eats meat and where he thinks it comes from. Just don't see anyway it could turn out well though with him. He had somemore attitude in his voicemail.
I might just let it go then, especially if some of his family are considering to let you hunt

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I might just let it go then, especially if some of his family are considering to let you hunt

Ditto. Just let it slide. You're going to meet plenty of idiots in life. If you spend time messing with them that's all you'll do for the rest of your days.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
If he took the time to call you over it than he is probably pretty opinionated about the subject. I doubt you will change his mind-set any more that he will change yours.
Walk away and spend your time on someone that's a "maybe".

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
What do you get when you argue with a idiot?

Two idiots!!!

Let it go, you have no reason to justify yourself to this person.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Great advice so far. I'd say if you do anything, be subtle about it. Print off Genesis 9:3 and Genesis 27:3 on a piece of paper and stick it in his mailbox. If it were me, I'd just let it be...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I wouldn't let it go. I'd watch a few Ted Nugent youtube clips and some of his responses to these clowns. Then I would take the sensible things Ted said, tone it down and use them to explain why you hunt ---- for food! Done right, you may wind up with a place to hunt and a new friend, done wrong, you'll have a short argument.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Steven Renelia (don't know how to spell it) has had some great responses to anti hunters as well. Calmly explain your logical line of thinking and you can't lose.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
If he took the time to call you over it than he is probably pretty opinionated about the subject. I doubt you will change his mind-set any more that he will change yours.
Walk away and spend your time on someone that's a "maybe".

What Jim said here. Spot on. I could share stories at length about voice mail messages like the one you got. People are special.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Yes, very good advice here as usual. I once read "Never argue with an idiot, bystanders will not be able to tell the difference"