Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I had all of these...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I stumbled onto this on youtube, figured I'd share. Alan Altizer was absolutely the best, IMO. I've seen him on BOWSITE a time or two in recent years, he's stillhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_eYP09lH4I killing but I don't think he is filming anymore.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Loved the Alan Altizer vids of old! I remember the stalk he did in his socked feet on a nice bedded mature buck(13 pt I think). Shot him with his bow at like around 30 yards.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I saw all those hunts back in the early 80's except the last guy. Don't remember him. I might still have some of those videos too! Lol

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for sharing that Brock, i remember all those guys.
The old treebark camo.
Was at my dads the other day and he was going through some things and gave me some of my old treebark camo.lol

buckstar25

T-county
Alan Altizer works for a federal law enforcement agency, not sure which one but I've been looking for his videos for a long time. He actually got on another site and was very appreciative of all of the comments. If you ask me, aside from Fred Bear, Alan Altizer and the Wensel brothers made the best videos....ever. Whitetails Eye to Eye and Bowhunting October Whitetails are my 2 absolute favorites! I watched them each well into the hundreds of times.

Alan was one of the first to show a deer "jumping" the string on video. And the bedded buck by the dozer.....classic. He says "ooooooh, this mud is coooooold" when he took his boots off.

Wensels, the deer drive with bow and arrow was amazing.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Not sure how I missed this thread. Awesome video, Brock! I love these old bowhunting videos, I bought bowhunting October whitetails because several guys on here recommended it and its a good one.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I had shot two deer with a bow before i had ever seen a video of a deer being shot with a bow. I tried in vain to describe the sound of the arrow hitting ribs to all my little buddies. When i got my hands on October Whitetails, I made them all watch it a dozen times... "Ya hear that thump?" :)