Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mauled Cat Question

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Well, we have this "Parts Runner Guy" at work and he is a cat lover. For real, he has like 12 cats at work and he spends like 50.00 a week on cat food. Anyhow, 3 cats have turned up dead. Not just dead, but decapitated. I guess he has found 3 cat bodies and 2 cat heads. Strange thing is: The heads have no or little hair left.....just bone and bloody. There have been coyotes seen next to our yard, but the bodies were not eaten. What do you think of all this? (Histerical applause is not an answer)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Bodies and heads were found in an industrial rack system outside but away from the equipment.
Several of the guys hate these cats but still no explanation why the heads are in the shape they are found.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good call by Giles. Warm engine compartment and a belt might explain one. Multiple the same way? Unlikely in my opinion. Satanic worshipers? Guess it is possible. Hadn't thought of that. I like the mink or animal protecting it's nest idea. Coyote, hawk or owl would get my vote.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My guess is what Joe said, stealth from above. Likely owls or a hawk,IMO.

I like Jakes idea with the cam and bait though.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
How about a 'catch 22' system? Shoot the cats with a 22LR auto rifle and catch the empty case flying through the air!