Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New pup

teej89

NE PA
Brought home my pup today, Boomer. He's doing so well. No separation issues and he's already been crate trained by the breeder. Just he got tired and walked over to his crate to go to sleep.

I'm between the AKC name of Here Comes the Boom or Hardy Lake Retrievers Brings the Boom. Any other thoughts?

Can't wait to start training this guy and eventually getting him into hunt tests. Here he is!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430100292.022721.jpg
A little nap after a retrieving session
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430100313.324490.jpg

Last edited:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
He's a cutie! I like "Here comes the Boom". As for the other name, I'm not sure but it might be too long as you are only allowed x amount of letters to name him.

I'm not really sure how the Kennel names are applied as I've never used them.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good looking pup. I'm sure he'll be a great dog for you. Enjoy his time as a puppy because it doesn't last long. The hunt test game and serious training is fun too, but he's only a puppy once. Just take your time with him and don't rush through anything. Follow a good training program and everything will fall right into place.

teej89

NE PA
Good looking pup. I'm sure he'll be a great dog for you. Enjoy his time as a puppy because it doesn't last long. The hunt test game and serious training is fun too, but he's only a puppy once. Just take your time with him and don't rush through anything. Follow a good training program and everything will fall right into place.

I'm flowing the Hillmann how to train a retriever puppy DVD. The breeder from my first litter I was gonna get a pup from highly recommended it. I've watched it thru twice already and it's really good. A lot of sitting, walking on a lead and chasing something for the next couple months for this guy.