Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jury duty

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just got a summons for jury duty June 6-19 in petite court. This is the 3rd time in my long life but never got past the pool.
I wonder if the 'guilty' quote is a red flag? Just kidding.
But being a robbery victim may case a concern to them.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've been notified 3 times once was a grand jury but carpal tunnel surgery postponed that one and the first two we were dismissed after the first few days....

Here's hoping you either get a good case or released early Frank.....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I was summoned a few months ago. Went to the county courthouse but they never picked me. It was a murder trial to, which would of been interesting.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I was summoned a few months ago. Went to the county courthouse but they never picked me. It was a murder trial to, which would of been interesting.

If I have to do jury duty, I'd love a murder trial~! I like playing detective. The one time I was called, it settled before they picked the actual jurors. I guess it was the case at Flying J's for coffee being spilled on a toddler.

I was called another time and totally forgot to even go. I never heard anything from being a no-show. :smiley_chinrub:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If I have to do jury duty, I'd love a murder trial~! I like playing detective. The one time I was called, it settled before they picked the actual jurors. I guess it was the case at Flying J's for coffee being spilled on a toddler.

I was called another time and totally forgot to even go. I never heard anything from being a no-show. :smiley_chinrub:

Last year a judge in Cincy got pissed off at a lady for no show and sent police and had her arrested at her job. Both was pissed off then.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Depending on the Judge and their temperament of the day, the can blow it off or issue a bench warrant......

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
It's been a couple of years ago, I think, so I should be safe! lol I didn't mean to blow it off, I got busy with something and remembered it the next day. Ooops!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It's been a couple of years ago, I think, so I should be safe! lol I didn't mean to blow it off, I got busy with something and remembered it the next day. Ooops!

They usually don't go looking for you, they just wait until they catch up too you.... lol....

That why when you read the police blotter they'll pull someone over and find them too have outstanding warrants..... Tic Tock Diane lol.....

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Been called up 3 times in 10 yrs,Franklin county when i lived there,fairfield county 2 yrs ago and Federal courthouse last yr.
Only had to do Franklin county but had to show up everyday for 2 weeks.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
15 yrs. ago I had to report to the courthouse everyday to be told to go home.
At least now there is a phone to call to see if your juror number is called for the next day.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Thanks guys!

I'm probably good. Lord knows the police have been out here too many times to count over the past few months. :smiley_blackeye:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Forgot all about this and the wife remembered today. I checked on line and not selected yet.