Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ak 47 gunsmith

bearcat

Next month I will be moving to new Olmstead, I plan on over the course of my time there buying ak parts piece by piece. To assemble it requires an array of tools I don't have the money or space for. So my next option is to buy the pieces and what can't handle I'll have to get done at a gunsmith that knows aks well.

I'm planning on buying a polish stamped receiver with all the holes drilled ready for all the parts and a then a barrel with everything ready to go as well. I just need a hydraulic press to put the barrel in the receiver.

I'm not sure if I'm able to do the gas system myself or the fsb assembly.

As for the bolt, trigger group and stock I can do that.

If anyone can point me the right direction or give me some good info I would appreciate that very much.

Thank you,
-Bearcat

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Check out classicfirearms.com. You may be able to buy a complete rifle for a better price than buying pieces and having it assembled.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Check out classicfirearms.com. You may be able to buy a complete rifle for a better price than buying pieces and having it assembled.

I'm thinking the same thing and you will be sure the damn thing will work OK. Parts are parts and a complete gun is a working gun. IMHO

bearcat

I'am aware that the easiest route would be to buy a complete ak and cheaper in the end. It's still in the back of my mind. I'am a huge fan of classic and have done business with them. They are wonderful. If I do go with a build it's more of something I can say I put together for the most part and be proud of it. Thank you for the input.