Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Why the rules of gun safety are so very important

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Almost like a slam fire but I can't imagine he's slamming the bolt forward hard enough to bounce the pin off the primer hard enough to fire it. The only other thing I can think is the firing pin is somehow stuck in the forward position and poking out of the bolt. When bolt moves forward and seats the round in the chamber it punches the primer. Crazy.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Almost like a slam fire but I can't imagine he's slamming the bolt forward hard enough to bounce the pin off the primer hard enough to fire it. The only other thing I can think is the firing pin is somehow stuck in the forward position and poking out of the bolt. When bolt moves forward and seats the round in the chamber it punches the primer. Crazy.

Yep. I would say firing pin stuck forward.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
the only other thing that i can think of is the sear is broken and the hammer is following the bolt with enough force to fire the round.
If that was the case you wouldn't be able to hear the hammer drop after he removes the safety and squeezes the trigger. It has to be a problem with the firing pin.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Something is protruding from the bolt face, most likely the firing pin. Could be a burr, or some other foreign material stuck in the firing pin hole.