Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stolen camera club

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
About 6 weeks ago my Moultie 150 camera came up missing. I was sick as I just bought it last summer.
Well today I was down at the food plot bringing down the turkey decoys and locked them up in my hunting tower. I checked on both clover plots and the clover is about 4" tall and has filled nicely.
And I'll be damn if I didn't find my camera setup on the North end of the plot. I sure as hell don't recall putting it there but it's high and dry on a locked cable. Good times ahead.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I didn't have the key with me as I only went to change the card out in the Plotwatcher Pro and that's inside the tower so no key is needed. I'l bring a new card and batteries when I go down to turkey hunt next week. At least I don't have to replace it. The more I think on it I sorta remember installing it there. From the picture date at least I'll know when I put it out.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My grandma is in an assisted living. She has a few "go to" jokes she remembers and tells over and over. CRS. That is what she calls her Alzheimers. "Can't remember shit." She laughs every time she tells it and so do we. She didn't cuss often. She does more so now.

Sorry Frank. Had to give you a hard time.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I didn't have the key with me as I only went to change the card out in the Plotwatcher Pro and that's inside the tower so no key is needed. I'l bring a new card and batteries when I go down to turkey hunt next week. At least I don't have to replace it. The more I think on it I sorta remember installing it there. From the picture date at least I'll know when I put it out.

Ha!! I've done that before. Can't tell you how many times I've made the rounds on cams and realized I still had 1 more out but couldn't remember where I put it. Last year I moved one 10 feet from it's normal tree where Doug or I have hung one for years. I stood there for 4-5 minutes staring at the empty tree pissed off. Then just happened to look over to my right and there it was.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
At least I tell others my short comings.

Just bustin' your chops. You aren't alone buddy. Joe just admitted it. I know I have moved one before and stood there scratching my head trying to figure out where I put it. They are tiny. Batteries last a while. We don't check them all every 3 days. Sometimes one gets moved and we have to stand there scratching our head. lmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I use the CRS all the time Phil.... lol

Don't sweat it Frank we've all been there some just don't like too admit it lmao.... Glad it's found and hopefully some good pictures too view....

I've been there on trying to remember where I put cameras, especially when I started changing their locations around. Had one up near my dad's house that I swore I brought home back in November but could not find it anywhere at home or in the truck. Even searched the trailer when we got down there the other weekend. We get up to the field edge and next thing I know I spot it on the tree LOL.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Did your key fit ?? haha

I switched out the card today and yes the key still fit.
Card had 1978 pictures of damn squirrels, does, turkeys, 2 fox, 3 coyotes, a nice buck, coons.

All the Tom turkeys I reported on my Plotwatcher Pro. This picture taken on the North end of the food plot with my new found cam at my cattle crossing the creek.

Fox I tried to edit the fox only but that didn't work out.

If you look closely in the bottom left of the picture you can see my hunting tower. It's about 175 yds.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's a butt load of turkey's man.

That was only about 50% of them as the rest pasted off camera to the right already. I just posted the picture with the most Toms displaying. There must have been close to 60-80 total.