Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

According to ABC 6...

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
We can shoot five bucks next year!!!!

Ohio council OKs hunting rules for 2015-2016 deer seasons
April 12, 2015 14:36 EDT
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Ohio's wildlife council has given the OK to reductions in deer bag limits and removed the peregrine falcon from Ohio's threatened species list.
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources says the Ohio Wildlife Council voted to reduce the statewide number of deer hunters can take from nine to six. Only one deer may be antlerless. White-tailed deer bag limits also were reduced in most counties and antlerless permits were removed in all but 10 counties.
The council also approved two more days of deer-gun hunting for Dec. 28-29.
Officials say the peregrine falcon is being removed from the threatened species list because its population has made a significant recovery through conservation efforts.
The Division of Wildlife still will continue to monitor peregrine populations on a smaller level.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/templ...991-www.abc6onyourside.com.shtml#.VSsKQdzF-1s

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Those news people don't know the difference between a buck or doe. I've always said that news reporters are are reporters because they aren't smart enough to sell cars or real estate.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just a typo but they'll be dickhead chuckwagons using this one article as proof so they can say their legal doing something they're prolly already doing in the first place. If it's not already drilled into every deer hunters head that's only one whitetail buck is to be legally taken each and every year then I don't know what to say! :smiley_confused_vra

Ohio has never ever been more than one buck a year per hunter and I don't ever seeing them deviating from that in the future! They have a hard enough time cracking down on poachers the way it is! Sad thing is, if they did make it legal to take 2 bucks a year, they'd still be POS LOSERS killing 3 or more!