Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 3

carbonarcher

What kinda bow u taking Ryan?will you be using a blind and decoys are run and gun'n? If so what kind a blind and decoys combos you have?

carbonarcher

Also what head u think be better for Turkey?the hypodermic or the grimreaper whitetail special?they both fly good.

rsmith

i have a Hoyt Maxxis 35 set at 55/29. I will be using Easton Carbon Injexion arrows with a NAP Spitfire Maxx Deep 6 broadhead. No Blind for me, I am going to hang out inside a patch of blackberry bushes, I know where they are coming from and heading to and it passes right past this pile of bushes. All I did was cut 2 shooting lanes about 6 feet wide and about 8 feet into the pile and chopped them down to about 4 foot so I can stand up if I need to. I will be using a strutting Tom decoy and also a cheap rubber hen decoy. For Broadhead choice go for the biggest cut/hole possible. I would look at the Spitfire Maxx, Magnus Buzzcut, or a Rage extreme for broadhead choice. I do miss having the option of a lot more broadheads with these new Injexion arrows but they fly absolutely amazing and penetrate further than I could believe.

What kind of setup will you be using this season?

rsmith

strutting his stuff, and I know no hunting over bait. I will be about 100 yards away from this spot on a trail they travel

carbonarcher

Caretaker blind with a strutting peeping Tom and pretty heny decoy.I shot with both heads today think I'll go with the rage hypo s.I also got some new pot calls a glass and a aluminum .I think this and the carbon spyder should be alright.

lung buster

hocking county
No bow for me, still having fun shooting them in the face with shotgun... Remington 1187 shooting 3" Hevi-shot #6's. As usual my kids come first but I'll get out a few days myself. Looking forward to this weekend!!

carbonarcher

Ill be taking the the kids with me but not for the opening thats all me.I think we get points for taking the kids too.

carbonarcher

Headed south until Tuesday. And cant use the tom bombs ,I guess you have to get longer arrows unles you want to lose a finger.