Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 7

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Checking in. I'm hopeful but then again this would be my first turkey. Almost got one on public near my house last year but it didn't come quite close enough because we forgot the decoy... I have three pieces of private I can hunt that are fairly far away and the public near my house

twireman

Kingston, OH
Pumped for tommorow. Great weather forcasted. Going to call for my brother an 10 year old neice. Morels should be up. Then catching my nephews little league game in the afternoon. Life is good.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Heading out in the morning. Sitting on a gas line where I've seen turkeys cross between the woods several times. Its windy as hell here, supposed to be 15mph winds with 25mph gusts in the morning. That should bring them out to play.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
My dad was calling and I had the gun but he didn't see the only turkey that went by so he didn't call to it. I couldn't tell if it was a tom or a hen. We also had five deer hang around for a while. Just as we left a tom was in full strut with a hen ten yards off the one lane road in a field on the side that wasn't public... :smiley_blackeye:
Overall it was a great morning

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm going tomorrow. I forgot you were on my team! Thanks for getting us points!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'll be out tomorrow also. I might be going with my buddy to try calling a bird in for him, if not I'll be at my spot with my bow. Good luck!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I never made it out of bed in time do to not getting home from work til 1am. I did make it out at 6am to listen and I heard one gobble close to where I set up my blind yesterday. About a minute after hearing that turkey gobble I glassed a hen hauling ass across the field probably headed to him. I'll be out tomorrow morning for sure though.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
I still haven't made it out too many times. I'll be out on public land with a friend who's never even shot a gun sometime in the next two weeks, he seems pretty excited to get out. He's a first team all state soccer player but I'm teaching him how to fish and hunt lol

twireman

Kingston, OH
Not this weekend. Had prior obligations yesterday and on call for work today. Hunted pretty steady for the last two weekends with no success. I only hunt one property and seems birds are sporadic there. I will attempt to go out next weekend again.