Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shrooms

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Been finding them around Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for better than three weeks now. Yea I know. My smart mouth son, Alan, just moved there and has rubbed my nose in it. He's had a couple plate full already. Dayum! :pickle:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I would start hitting the honey holes next week. With all the moisture we've had and the good temps. Usually conditions are right when the low is above 50 and the high is above 60 for 3 or more days. Southern ohio will start to find them about a week before central ohio and two weeks before northern ohio.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428496401.042924.jpg

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Crazy weather like last year. We got four inches last year on april 15th and still getting cold nights this year. Started finding some grays the first week of may and hit the mother load on may 10th last year. I'm excited to get out this year but wont waste my time until a couple more weeks.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I have only looked a couple times breifly but have never found one and have not even tried them. I love mushrooms in general so hoping to change that this year.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Do drive thru some public hunting areas last two weeks in April, first two in May and note where "hillbilly" type vehicles are parked in the next few weeks. Look for people hiking with net type bags like from navel oranges. Apple trees bloom the same time as the shrooms. A dead giveaway is amish youths, hoofing it down country roads lined with dying small elm trees.

you never know when is the right time, its different each year but definitely hit it hard from May 1 to May 15.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I'm guessing we are still a few weeks out from prime time here in NW Ohio, but it won't be long. I can't wait to get out of the house and into the woods!