Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

bigtens 2015-2016 season

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
ill get this started and try to keep it up a little more, put it in deer hunting because that consumes most of our time, but ill start with turkeys this year, ill be turkey hunting in Tennessee this weekend and next there season opened last weekend and my buddy down there killed a good bird Saturday evening and says he has them pegged so we will see what happens. im only gonna be able to hunt Sundays here because of work so my time will be spent running and gunning. the pics in the corn field are a crossed from my house they should be very killable if nobody sneaks in there. the rest are pics from Tennessee, ill keep you guys posted on how it goes.

tenn20151.jpgtenn20152.jpgtenn20153.jpgtenn20154.jpgtenn20155.jpg

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
im about too be on the road my boss let me leave early, hes going to tennesse also hes going too the big nra convention. ill be down there in time to roost some birds tonight if the ride goes smooth.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
well i dint get one but my buddy did, saturday was the most gobbling ive ever heard in the turkey woods i had 5 or 6 toms in front of me and they were double and triple gobbling over each other, they never committed too coming out of the woods tho once it got light enough for me to see i realized why there was a fence they didnt wanna come across. my buddy ambushed one on the other side of the road and i passed up a jake saturday night that i thought was a hen. sunday was like someone turned the switch off hardly any gobbles im headed back down this weekend for another shot at it.

4-11-15.jpg4-11-15-2.jpg4-11-15-3.jpg4-11-15-4.jpg4-11-15-5.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats to your buddy and his nice bird! Hope you get one in close enough to smack him in the face on your next trip! Good luck!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
well i didnt have any luck in tennesse had some great hunts i missed one saturday running away from me threw some cedars.i did find a pretty good dead head for down there anyways, ill be getting back after the birds here sunday. 3 buddies have doubled up this morning.

4-18-151.jpg4-18-152.jpg4-18-153.jpg

matt@exodustrailcams

Awesome pics, sounds like it's been a great experience! I just started turkey hunting about 3 years ago myself. I live in Western Maryland, but since I started hunting deer in Ohio... I have no interest in hunting deer in Maryland anymore haha. Luckily, we have some pretty good turkey hunting in Maryland and it's nice to be able to get out on our family farms and do some hunting. Looks like you guys have it figured out!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Got it done today it was a slow morning no gobbling was about to leave when I saw him coming off the neighbors property he put on a show 11 1/8 beard and 1 1/8 spurs. I'll post some pics later my phone won't let me post any.