Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Perfectly timed military photos

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This is one bad ass picture. 7.62, clips, and a weapon flying in the back blast of the AT4. Cool unless you're back there, or that's your weapon. Lmao. But it made a great pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428117737.647804.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Found another one also. I'll never forget the first time I saw one used. I thought it was going to come out all slow and lay a smoke trail like the rockets in the movies do. Shit. That sucker was hauling the mail! I just looked it up 290 meters per second. That's roughly 320 yards in a split second. Was a bright ball of light absolutely hauling balls. Think about that. By the time you realize it went off it's cleared more than three football fields. Was pretty wild. The recoil is almost non existent but it feel like you're enveloped in a cloud of pressure. Like someone slammed a car door super hard and the air pressure changed. Except a lot harder. Lol

When I joined the military we were in peacetime, and ole Bill Clinton still had two years left in office. He was drawing down our military force and burning off stockpiles the US had procured in case the we had to go back to the Middle East. We shot off and blew up a ton of shit in those two years. Little did he know that right after he left office 9/11 would happen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428117937.391420.jpg

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Those where some very cool pics!

Never being in the military what's up with the guy jumping with the dog strapped to him. I figure its probably some kind of search and rescue but am not sure.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Those where some very cool pics!

Never being in the military what's up with the guy jumping with the dog strapped to him. I figure its probably some kind of search and rescue but am not sure.

I would venture too guess they're bomb dogs, IED purposes over there.....