Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

bow hunting turkeys.

carbonarcher

Who's hunting turkeys with a bow this year' what kind of bow arrows brodhead haunting style blind decoys run &bow calls come on spill it im ate up with anything bow hunting turkey hunting is friging awsome a bow makes it that much friging cooler Who's got what and how you doing it too. Corey sr.:smiley_bril: ramboe is bad.:smiley_bril:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'll be shooting a Remington 1100 in 12ga, 3" mag. I've found that to be the most effective arrow/broadhead there is for turkey.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
ill bow hunt after i get one down ill take the bow with me too Tennessee next weekend but doubt it gets used, i killed 1 with a bow last year. i got a hell of a deal on some duel calls from a buddy so ill be testing them out. we run and gun mostly. if i have the bow out ill be shooting a slick trick broad head.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I kilt one with a slick trick four years ago in the fall. That's the only turkey I ever shot.

carbonarcher

Im going with the carbon spyder and a blind with some decoys I've got rage hypodermic and grimreaper whitetail specials the rage are more accurate what do yall think would take ol tommy down better?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Im going with the carbon spyder and a blind with some decoys I've got rage hypodermic and grimreaper whitetail specials the rage are more accurate what do yall think would take ol tommy down better?
Whichever head makes the biggest hole. Just make sure you aim small. Turkeys have a tiny vital zone... I've heard of way too many lost turkey stories over the years due to shooting them with an arrow. I've never done hunted them with a bow, but if I was going to try it I'd shoot a guillotine-style broadhead and go for headshots only. Miss your mark, turkey still lives.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I'm on the same page as Brock, only I'll be using the same old 1187 with Federal copper plated 3" mags. If I were to try a bow it would be with the Bullhead or Guillotine broad heads so it would be a clean miss or no chasing them down.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Who's hunting turkeys with a bow this year' what kind of bow arrows brodhead haunting style blind decoys run &bow calls come on spill it im ate up with anything bow hunting turkey hunting is friging awsome a bow makes it that much friging cooler Who's got what and how you doing it too. Corey sr.:smiley_bril: ramboe is bad.:smiley_bril:

A few commas and periods would make this much easy to follow. Not nitpicking, just trying to help. :smiley_coolpeace:

I may go after them with a bow if I get a spur in my ass. Otherwise it will be the Benelli that does the heavy lifting. As far as my haunting style, this is it...

Funny-Ghost-FB.jpg

Dull 2 blade rage 100 gr flying on a easton fmj. I put a 3/8 washer in between the broadhead and the arrow. Bow doesnt really matter but i have a hoyt spyder turbo. I prefer for the arrow not to pass through the bird. Higher kenetic energy transfer similar to a small game head. Having the arrow inside the bird makes it harder for them to run off and causes more bleeding. I keep my shots with in 25 yards on turkeys.

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Dull 2 blade rage 100 gr flying on a easton fmj. I put a 3/8 washer in between the broadhead and the arrow. Bow doesnt really matter but i have a hoyt spyder turbo. I prefer for the arrow not to pass through the bird. Higher kenetic energy transfer similar to a small game head. Having the arrow inside the bird makes it harder for them to run off and causes more bleeding. I keep my shots with in 25 yards on turkeys.

How's it fly with the washer on it?