Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

the FIRST EVER 3d Printed AR-10 (CM901/LE901) lower receiver

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
"A group of gunsmiths just 3D printed a bigger, better caliber rifle.

PrintedFirearm.com , a website devoted to 3D printing of guns, announced that one of its members successfully developed a lower receiver for a Colt CM901 rifle. The receiver for the CM901—which is considered to be a much stronger brother of the infamous AR-15 assault rifle—was crafted on a XYZ Da Vinci printer, which normally costs around $500 - considered cheap in the 3D printer world. While they were not the first to 3D print a lower receiver, it seems as if Printed Firearm has taken an evolutionary step..."

(Read the story)

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/03...ed-rifle-fires-nato-rounds/?intcmp=latestnews

(Now, If I could just print me a woman...cjd)

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I followed a forum on 3D printing a rare Russian rifle magazine out of plastic. I don't see the strength being there. But what do I know about the subject.
I believed GE is the leading force here making some type of pump or something. Interesting.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Guy at work has a 3d printer, he made a bunch of wedge's for us to put in our gear..
Yep they suck, It did not handle commercial man doors very well. You could almost feel them squish with your nail. I'm back to carrying wood wedge's.
I just can't see gun parts holding up worth a shit. I'm sure someday they will.