Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 ram 1500

740hunter

Coshocton
So a week ago Monday I bought a 2015 RAM 1500 Express 4x4 with the tradesmen package. For about two years I had been driving a Dodge Dart and I will just say that now I feel back to normal. I had missed being in a truck! I'm not a huge fan of the eight speed transmission, but getting 19.5 mpg driving around the hills of coshocton county to get to work is awesome. Gotta love the hemi TOO.

740hunter

Coshocton
Here she be.

IMG_6203.jpg

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Keep a close eye on the motor mounts, manifolds, coolant lines, and brake lines. I got rid of mine because it rusted out from underneath me. Worst truck I ever had.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Love my Ram trucks. I'm on my third. Had a 2005 that I leased for three years, then came the 2008 and now the 2013. I have spent a grand total of $0 on anything other than changing fluids and tires. Granted none of the trucks had a ton of miles on them. The 2008, which I owned the longest, had 71,000 miles and still had the original brakes and rotors on it when I traded it in. I wouldn't buy anything else.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Love my Ram trucks. I'm on my third. Had a 2005 that I leased for three years, then came the 2008 and now the 2013. I have spent a grand total of $0 on anything other than changing fluids and tires. Granted none of the trucks had a ton of miles on them. The 2008, which I owned the longest, had 71,000 miles and still had the original brakes and rotors on it when I traded it in. I wouldn't buy anything else.
No offense meant here. Did you use it as a truck or a commuter vehicle? In the 50's-80's trucks were used to work. Seems like in the 90's is when more trucks began to be used as personal vehicles more frequently than as work trucks. Introduction of ext cab helped them evolve. Most trucks only used to pull an occasional fishing boat, small camper, jet ski, or a couple sheets of plywood every other year. . . Well, they should not have any major issues. Pull a trailer daily, plow snow, etc., and you see more wear items.

That said, there are some extremely nice trucks used as cars on the road AND there are some extremely nice work trucks on the road. They have evolved a ton in the last 30years or so.

Schu72

Streetsboro
No offense taken Phil...mostly a commuter vehicle, other than hauling around my quad during hunting season and the occasional appliance or piece of furniture. That being said it still outperformed my wifes family vehicles regarding brakes, tie rod ends, etc.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good deal Schu.

Wasn't trying to offend anyone. Remember a used truck in the 80's? They were well used and worn out. Today we have an awesome selection of used trucks available and many times you won't find a scratch on the inside of the bed. Heck, I know guys who Rhino line beds and don't haul anything. lol

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
The new Rams are good for Trips to get pallets of flowers or the grocery store, they have zero low end torque and tows like shit. I tried to rip a bush out of the ground (which I did many with the F150), and it didn't budge them. The Toyota has way more low and top end than any truck I have had.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The new Rams are good for Trips to get pallets of flowers or the grocery store, they have zero low end torque and tows like shit. I tried to rip a bush out of the ground (which I did many with the F150), and it didn't budge them. The Toyota has way more low and top end than any truck I have had.
The numbers disagree.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
For what it's worth.......I had 1998....2003 and 2010 Ram 1500's all purchased new and got 300k miles out of 98 and 03 and turned in the 2010 to the company I worked for before I got to see it reach 300k but they were all super trucks! I just bought a new silverado last year I think mainly because I wanted to try something different but I have nothing bad to say about the Rams I've owned.