Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anniversary getaway

Mao

Coshocton, OH
My wife and I are wanting to get a cabin near/on a nice fishing lake for the weekend for our anniversary this year. If all goes well, I will have my 17' aluminum flat bottom boat with a 60/40 jet to pull. I would like to find a place I could target smallies, walleye, large mouth or muskies. Looking for somewhere less than 4 hours from Coshocton (east central Ohio). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Not sure how far it's from you and how long the trip would be for you but my BIL loves Lake St. Clair for smallies!!! Congrats on your up coming anniversary and enjoy your trip Marcus!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Chatauqua... or however you spell it. Short trip, plenty of places to stay, eat, shop...and lots of fish. St. Clair is awesome, but finding a nice place to stay is a pain. However, if you want to go, I do happen to know just about the only decent place to stay on the American side that isn't a motel.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Chautauqua would be longer than 4 hours though, wouldn't it? Sandusky bay would be an option as it's got the bay and river too seek refuge from wind and high waves if you get them.....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dude stay on Lake Erie somewhere! Don't go out of state when you have some if the best walleye and smallie fishing right here. Stay on either Kelley's Island or South Bass Island. Kelley's has a few ramps all around it so no matter the wind direction you could launch on the calm side and fish all you want from a 17 footer. The smallie fishing near the lake Erie islands can be out of this world. And plenty of walleyes can be caught near them as well. You'd be nuts to go anywhere else IMO.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah what was i thinking!!! Sending someone to NY would be for somebody you didn't like lol. Can't take a gun if you CCW plus the sales tax is 12%. The Port Clinton - Marblehead area would be a great place to stay.