Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lost arrow

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If you all remember I messed up my only bow buck shot during the 2014 rut. I had 1/4" of metal siding sticking into my tower window opening and I'll be darn if my broadhead didn't hit the 1/4. I never found the arrow even though it had a lighted nock. I search everywhere to the right of the tower figuring the arrow was deflected to the right since it hit on the left. Even looked in the tree limbs and brush. I searched the same right side today.
Fast forward to today. I was down there changing out the chip in the Plotwatcher Pro cam I have mounted inside the tower. Then I walked across neighbor's hay field I hunt looking at the main deer trail and the only tree I can put a ladderstand on. I hope my neighbor will permit me permission to put up the stand. For the first 2 yrs. I could only shoot unto the property and wasn't permitted to hunt on the property.
I was walking back to my tower and low and be hold I found my arrow. It was right in line where the buck was standing but way high. I guess the metal deflected it high and not to the right. I assume the lighted nock didn't come on. One of the 3 arrow blades was missing. At lease the farmer won't get it in one of his tractor tires or bale the damn arrow up in a horse round hay bale. Horses aren't that smart you know.