Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting blinds.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
We mad a few blinds over the winter. We found a pallet yard that we got plywood, and some 2"x6"x 10' We cut all the 2"x6" in half and used 2"x3" for most of the frame. We have about $160.00 into each of these blinds. It was something fun to do over the winter. We didn't do windows because they didn't do us much good in the blinds we made last year. First thing we do when we hunt the blinds is open the windows anyway. And these blinds will be out in the crp so they should stay pretty clean. We had some material donations from friends, Like the paint and steel roofing.

20150212_182354.jpg20150206_141117.jpg20150210_185303.jpg20150210_185322.jpg20150211_152233.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice job. My last hunting tower I used basement storm add-on windows to keep the cost down.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Thanks guys, Lost to many portable ground blinds to snow the last couple years. And we have about 90 acres of crp to hunt that don't have any trees big enough for a stand. One of the blinds will be put on an old gravity wagon frame to get it off the ground a few feet.
The other will be put on posts but only about 6 feet up.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Really nice buddy, I have been thinking about building an elevated one on my property. Thanks for sharing.

Installed in the right place they can't be beat. I have 2 now. One fully enclosed and one with window openings all way around. The open one gets damn cold but the fully enclosed one is heated and just nice.
Thinking at another one for this year. With my MS muscle problems I must not get chiller or my severe muscle spasms start. Not fun.

Installed in the right place they can't be beat. I have 2 now. One fully enclosed and one with window openings all way around. The open one gets damn cold but the fully enclosed one is heated and just nice.
Thinking at another one for this year. With my MS muscle problems I must not get chiller or my severe muscle spasms start. Not fun.

Comfort is what I'm after Frank. I'm thinking in a good pinch point, would be awesome for those all day rut hunts.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
The land owner on one of the farms wants me to help him build one. Looking forward to using it when the weather is on the wet side.