Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ghost 410 with optimizer

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
I haven't been able to try this combo out much yet because there is to much snow here yet. I did shoot the x bow a dozen times and am very happy with it so far.
I ordered it from Amazon for $785.00 its well worth it. The optimizer was $285.00 with the Hawk 3x30 scope.
I cant wait to get the xbow dialed in.

Ill post more info on this combo once the weather gets better.

20150307_133250.jpg20150307_133318.jpg

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Had a chance to shoot the Ghost 410 yesterday. I'm pretty impressed with it. It is well balanced and has a good trigger.

The optimizer comes with tapes that you stick to the dial on the scope mount. The tapes have yardages on them. You have to shoot the x bow to see what tape matches the bow. These tapes start at 20 yards and go to 80 yards. None of them would work right with my bow. So I ended up cutting the tape down to 30 yards to start and it worked good from there to 80, I then made my own marks out to 100 yards. I have to say I'm impressed with this set up. we were shooting less then 4 inch groups at 100 yards. My buddy said he will be buying one soon he was so impressed.

20150316_151635.jpg

The tapes to the left are the ones you stick on the dial after you have found witch one works. The tapes to the right are the tapes you use to figure out what tape to stick on the dial.

Last edited:

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Depends on a lot of things. but we were shooting sub 2 inch groups at 80 yards and I feel very compterble shooting that distance with a good rest. At a relaxed deer that's not moving. The 410 is a very powerful x bow and has more energy at 80 then a lot of x bows have at 20. This x bow would have no problem killing a deer at 100 yards. And it shoots groups as good as most slug guns at 100 yards.
I'm not going to take any shot that I'm not sure of but a yote at 100 yards is getting a bolt fired at it for sure.

freeboro

Even a relaxed deer can take a nonchalant step between when you fire and the bolt getting there. Not to mention, for as loud as crossbows are, it's only assuredly going to react to the shot.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
My crossbow is not loud at all imo. And it takes 8 tenths of a second for the bolt to travel 80 yards. My old compound took 5 tenths to shoot 40 yards and I killed many deer with it at 40 yards. factor in the speed of sound and you have little difference except my x bow has 3 times the energy when it hits. My last x bow shot 375 fps and I shot a 10pt at 50 yards while he was looking at me and he didn't move an inch before the bolt got there.
I'm more then confident in taking a good shot out to 80 yards all day.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
for the record, I passed a 160" buck at 20 yards last season because I didn't have a clear enough shot. I also passed a 150" buck at 40 because it would not stop for a good shot.
I'm not going to take a stupid shot. If I did take a 80 yard shot it would have to be perfect.

The x bow is more then capeable to make an 80 yard shot. Plus Ive seen many yotes just out of distance for my old setup. Now ill be able to take a shot.

Does the amount of energy mean much with arrows. Only thing I can see energy doing is help with deeper penetration. I always thought that blood loss killed deer with archery equipment, not energy.

As a twenty yards or less shooter, I can't imagine taking a shot at 50, 60, 70 or 80 yards. But, that is me. If a guy feels confident taking a good shot at that distance, more power to them. I just like my deer shots up close and personal.