Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I'm a dog person

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
but I don't hate cats. Found our cat dead this morning, no surprise I knew it was coming. She was my daughter's cat and was 15. We never had a cat make it older than maybe a few years before. But I'd gotten use to her sitting on my lap in the evening watching TV. Hard part will be calling Andrea today and giving her the bad news.

Ps yes this is the cat that put me in the hospital a couple years ago but there was an extenuating circumstance (a 4 month old lab pup)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You're lucky, after visiting you in the hospital I was going too swing by and put it out of your misery lol....
She's going too take it hard especially being away from home.... But you've got that lap dog too keep you company now.....

But if you're really broke up about it I'll bring one of the neighbors cats by and drop it off....

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Sorry for the loss. Would love to hear how a cat put you in the hospital, though!

Hank was a pup, just got him. One October Sunday morning I head out the door and the cat and dog meet at the door. Hank chases cat in to a corner, I don't have time for this, go to pick up the cat to toss her in the house and she bites my left hand. HARD! I'm sure she hit bone. Really busy that day with the hayrides and pumpkins. Hand hurts like hell. By 6 it's all swollen so I go to the emergency room. Get a prescription antibiotic. That evening I'm feeling sick, nauseated and dizzy.

Feel better the next morning but the hand is red and swollen. Go to my family dr and he sends me to the hospital and I spend the next 3 days on IV antibiotics.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Oh, no.

The techs that work at my vet's office said that anytime they get scratched or bit by a cat, they have to start antibiotics immediately.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Oh, no.

The techs that work at my vet's office said that anytime they get scratched or bit by a cat, they have to start antibiotics immediately.

I have never been a fan of cats... I've adopted a I won't fugg with you and you don't fugg with me attitude with them.... I've got friends with two very old fat cats and they both still have claws but barely any teeth... I've always told them I'm not a fan and them two cats love me... Can't stand too be around them as I don't trust them...hell they've bit and scratched both owners and they like them.....

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I have a cat. If it weren't for my 7 year old daughter I would have kicked that thing like a football by now or dropped it off far away. Because of my daughter we are all nice to the cat but I hate them.

That being said, sorry about the loss. Sucks losing pets that you get attached to.