Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Electric backpack spreader

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Has anyone used one of these? It's getting tougher each year to crank my spreader ahttp://www.qdma.com/shop/action-back-original-pack-feeder-seeder?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=April%202%20Shed&utm_content=April%202%20Shed+CID_9f2ea8d19eaf155e80aff888ad9de6e8&utm_source=Campaign%20Monitornd this maybe the answer.

Huckleberry Finn

Can't see the link. But I spent a few summers with a pump backpack sprayer. A good 20 to 40 gallon pull behind sprayer is tough to beat. Better yet is one mounted on a pallet and hooked up the 3 pt for easier backing. Or quad mounted.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Has anyone used one of these? It's getting tougher each year to crank my spreader ahttp://www.qdma.com/shop/action-back-original-pack-feeder-seeder?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=April%202%20Shed&utm_content=April%202%20Shed+CID_9f2ea8d19eaf155e80aff888ad9de6e8&utm_source=Campaign%20Monitornd this maybe the answer.
How about just getting a decent walk-behind seed spreader?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Electric back pack spreader... jeassh

"Why, when I was a boy we didn't have ..."

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I was going to say electricity...
We used the old hand crank, over the sholder spreader with the sack...

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was going to say electricity...
We used the old hand crank, over the sholder spreader with the sack...

I use the hand crank over the shoulder spreader to. But it's getting harder on my hands and the walking bothers my MS leg muscle problems.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
How about just getting a decent walk-behind seed spreader?

No kidding. You think running a hand crank is hard. The pack is 10 pounds and you'll have 10+ pounds of seed in it. Not a big deal on 30 year old shoulders and back. Probably not great on 71 year old shoulders and back.

You have a tractor. For that kind of money, you can get a decent used 3-point spreader at an auction. If you have an ATV/UTV, there are lots of decent spreaders around for that money for use with those. Much better way to spread seed for $120...