Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Roast Beef Tenderloin.

badger

*Supporting Member*
I'm all about cheap meat, or in this case, cheaper than normal. When it comes to beef tenderloin, there's a lot of options out there, and you can get to $20+ per lb. A few months back I bought loins at $6.99 per lb at the local Sparkle market. At that price you do get what you pay for, but if you know what you are doing, you can get some good meals. I cut them just like a pork loin, chops, a roast or two, and the rest into kabob meat. I know $6.99 per lb isn't real cheap, but when you look at the price of burger, that ain't too bad.

I pulled this one out of the freezer and had a bit of trimming to do which is why I tied it before cooking. A plus to having it filleted open, you can get some seasoning in there before you tie it. I left it overnight in the fridge loosely covered in parchment paper. Salt, pepper and garlic powder was all I put on it.

I let it sit at room temp while the oven and my skillet heats up, usually about an hour. Brown it in olive oil on all sides, then roast it at 425 degrees. I run a digital thermometer while it's roasting and pull it out at 135. Cover in foil and let it rest while I finish everything else.

For a lower end loin that was only a few bucks more than burger, this was pretty damn good!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you like horseradish, try this on for size. Would be the perfect accoutrement to your meat...

•1 cup regular or low-fat sour cream

•1/4 cup prepared (white) horseradish

•1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard

•1 teaspoon white wine vinegar

•1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

•1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper

•Dash Worcestershire sauce

•Dash Tabasco sauce (optional)

badger

*Supporting Member*
If you like horseradish, try this on for size. Would be the perfect accoutrement to your meat...

•1 cup regular or low-fat sour cream

•1/4 cup prepared (white) horseradish

•1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard

•1 teaspoon white wine vinegar

•1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

•1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper

•Dash Worcestershire sauce

•Dash Tabasco sauce (optional)

She likes my meat, but I bet she'll love your sauce, lol!

Gotta show her this when I get off the crapper.