Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Went Snowmobiling Today.........Ouch.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Got to go snowmobiling today with my sexy bride, my brother and sister in-law. We were going to go on a long trip but some of the back roads did not have enough snow. All was great until I rolled my brother in-laws sled. :smiley_badmood:. Kind of sore but all I did was bust the wind shield so I am going to replace that. We all laughed after words but I was pretty pissed that it happened

As a footnote Laura is a badass riding a sled but I have challenged her on a Jetski which I use to race. :smiley_babe:

IMG_1933.jpg
IMG_1934.jpg
IMG_1935.jpg
IMG_1936.jpg
IMG_1938.jpg
IMG_1939.jpg
IMG_1941.jpg
IMG_1942.jpg

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Nope went through a Hugh ditch / snow bank that was at least 6 ft. tall. Instead of going head on I cut it. That's how it happened.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
How do you roll a sled on flat ground? Do share, I bet it's a good story… Laughter will help you heal:smiley_blackeye:

You would be amazed at what can be accomplished on a sled lol! I have seen and assisted in many of "flops" on flat ground, including the middle of the street in downtown Huron:smiley_clap:

Glad you're OK RD. Better riding tomorrow!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Glad you're ok. A guy was beheaded up here last month. He ran through one of those "do not enter" cables at a metro park.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
121 is the fastest ive experienced, skis are barely touching the ground at thst point. That is a breeze for the arctic cat zr9000 with a few decent mds these days. 170-180hp out of the box:pickle:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I've been thinking it would be nice to have one again... Your not helping! lol

As kids in the 70's, our parents had a couple of Ski doo's. That was back when we had snow all winter and almost every body had a machine. Even the Sherriff's dep. had a unit. At night you would see headlights bobbing across the countryside. There were snowmobile clubs and working jointly across the state into PA and even NY. Agreements were made w/ land owners that they could go through during winter seasons. The trail stretched across OH,PA and NY. As a kid, I can remember 1 night where I was awakened by the sound of 70+ machines. Looking out the window into the dark except for the lake trail which was marked by a steady stream of headlights bobbing that must have been stretched out over half a mile as they wound their way up to the house and through the property.

Those were fun winters RD.

I've been romancing it would be fun to have one again... Your not helping.:smiley_bro:

Last edited:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I am a sissy...........got the sled to 70 and that was it. Big Bro (CJD) and I have ATV's and same thing I get scared over 70 miles an hour. It was fun but I am sore today.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hell if'n he ain't going too use it send it my way for crying out loud lmao..... With the plow by the way lol.....