Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hocking Hills Pics

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I was traveling back from Ashland KY yesterday & took a slight side trip through the Hocking Hills area. I didn't have too much time to hike around, but did stop and snap a few pictures. I've never been there in the winter, and definitely want to go back someday when I have a full day to walk around and explore some more. Just thought I'd share some of these with you all...

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Beautiful! I'm hoping to head down there Monday (or at least next week sometime) with the family. How were the walking paths; ice covered, clear, etc.?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Went there a couple summers ago and had a blast! We had a 4 couples go and rented a cabin. Hiked the trails by day and got wasted by night. Only bad thing was when we went there was a drought and non of the falls had water.
Great pics.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Beautiful! I'm hoping to head down there Monday (or at least next week sometime) with the family. How were the walking paths; ice covered, clear, etc.?

It's icy!!! I was just wearing some work shoes and about fell on my ass going down one of the sets of stairs. Just stick to the sides & wear better boots than what I was wearing.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Did you just do Old Man's Cave, or did you make it to any of the other parks?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Those are excellent pictures! My wife keeps threatening to rent a cabin and spend Christmas down there one year. Get away from all the family festivities/chasing our tails and just relax with our children. I think she might be onto something.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Did you just do Old Man's Cave, or did you make it to any of the other parks?

I just stopped for about a half hour at Old Man's Cave.

Nice pics. Did you shoot them in BW mode or did you convert them?

I shot some in BW and others in color, and some other tones. The BW ones looked the best. The first pic is in color. It would make for some nice pictures to get in there someday towards sunset when the skies were clear, and the lighting was a bit warmer.

Those are excellent pictures! My wife keeps threatening to rent a cabin and spend Christmas down there one year. Get away from all the family festivities/chasing our tails and just relax with our children. I think she might be onto something.

It's a nice place to get aways. But a word of caution, be careful... that place, and those cabins are known to cause babies sometimes. Just what I've heard. :smiley_banana:

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's a nice place to get aways. But a word of caution, be careful... that place, and those cabins are known to cause babies sometimes. Just what I've heard.

No worries there Curran. We would have our kids with us. No chance of a worry about this.