Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fire burning controlled

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good article but I don't recommend that anyone just jump into controlled burns after merely reading an article online. Prescribed fire can be dangerous shit if you don't know what you're doing. I didn't read the entire article so I don't know if this was covered, but also keep in mind that open burning is illegal in Ohio during March, April, May, October, and November unless you obtain a waiver from Division of Forestry. Best thing to do... Call your local fire department. They'll sometimes run the burn for you as part of a training session.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I only need to burn off 1/2 ac. of open crop land to get rid of the bad seed a seed company sent me.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Prescribed Fire: Improving Whitetail Habitat: http://youtu.be/RP-pwhiNETk

This was a good one too I just watched

good video. I was going to post it as well.

I highly highly highly recommend to think before burning. Sounds easy to do, but can get out of control quick. I have many friends who have done it at the national forest level. Still not a risk Im willing to take on my farm. Maybe I am just scared of my own shadow, I am not sure!

rsmith

good video. I was going to post it as well.

I highly highly highly recommend to think before burning. Sounds easy to do, but can get out of control quick. I have many friends who have done it at the national forest level. Still not a risk Im willing to take on my farm. Maybe I am just scared of my own shadow, I am not sure!

I completely understand where you are coming from. I may just get out their and clear it by hand and rake it all to a big pile and burn it instead of doing that kind of burning. It does seam very risky