Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

fed the deer last night

Milo

Tatonka guide.
and it didnt take them very long to find it:smiley_crocodile: man was it freakin cold last night. saw 4 in the snow as i left this morning. man they were hunkered down deep. truly tough critters if you ask me...my hooves were cold last night and i dont even have hooves

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've felt guilty as hell for not having corn out. Went to the farm Sunday planning on putting out the rest of my ear corn. Unfortunately between the coons and groundhogs, they ate 500lbs of ear corn since mid-December. Lesson learned...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
with me living away this year, just no way of having corn out for the deer. bums me out, I always feel better in the winter when feeding them.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Ya they are tearing up the corn right now if you got it out for them. Its hard for a deer to dig through all the snow we have here for a few kernels in a field. I put out 120 pounds last week and it was gone in 3 days.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
February has been so cold I feel sorry for all the critters, except the coons and coyotes. I have a broken Moultrie feeder that the deer have figured out how to tongue the corn off the spinner so at least it lasts a little longer as compared to dumping it all at once and having the coons get lots of it,