Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyote fur hats: Yes or No

Coyote fur hats: Yes or No

• Absolutely. You killed it, you can wear it.

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Nope. No way. Just shouldn't be done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Only true "rock stars" can pull this off.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. If you are an inbred, hillbilly, goat roper, you can get away with it.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I want to have the coyote I killed made into a hat. My wife says it sounds hideous. My brother says it "makes as much sense as stuffing a goat." Pfft, what does he know? Mixed opinions from my buddies. Not sure I can make this a poll using my phone but that would be a fun one.

I am looking for honest opinions. Would you do it? Would you wear it? Are they hideous? I mean, you can truly only wear them when it is extremely cold. If someone else killed the coyote, my answer is a big "No." If you killed it, I think you can sport it. Full blown mountain pimp man style! uploadfromtaptalk1424740394818.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424740410303.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424740450444.jpg

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Depends on what model you get Cotty. Anywhere from $90-400 are prices I am seeing on websites using fur THEY provide. I got a price on a "mountain man" style using my skinned/fleshed/dried/shipped hide to them. Ranges from $120-150. Possibly a bit higher if they need to add some fur.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I've been looking at those myself. On a cold day I bet they are nice, would be real nice as a trap line hat. I've also been looking at blankets, but I need a few more yotes.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You guys get it. I won't be wearing this thing to church or out on the town. Throw it in the plow truck for when I need to be out of the truck extended periods. Wear it shed hunting. Wear it when the time is appropriate.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I think they are cool. I wouldn't mind having one myself...with just the fur though, not the one that has the coyote face.