Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tracking

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
It pisses me off that when ever I do a search for something like mods for my 4 wheeler or parts for my truck, All the adds that pop up or banner for days afterword's like on FB "happen" to be of the same thing...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yeah targeted advertising using tracking cookies is popular nowadays. They use "cookies" that are stored on your computer that keep track of the sites that you have visited in the past. You can clear your Internet browser cache, as well as your local temp/cookies folder which should help some. Depending on what web browser you are using, you can set it up to not accept 3rd party cookies, or to automatically clear your cache/cookies folder for you.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Another reason I'm not on FB. To me it's a evil advertising tool and not to the users benefit. My take anyway.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It pisses me off that when ever I do a search for something like mods for my 4 wheeler or parts for my truck, All the adds that pop up or banner for days afterword's like on FB "happen" to be of the same thing...

And here I figured you hit one of them yotes and were out after it...... :smiley_coolpeace:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Speaking of yotes, as i was leaving for work this morning at 6a, there was a pack of 'em sounding off about 100 yards away behind the house. That's the first time in a very long time I've heard any & they were crystal clear !

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
No. sorry for the mislead boys. Didn't think that through. lol

The last few days, I have been watching out the windows on that side of the house more often than the little fat kid snaps his head at the sound of the Ice Cream Truck in the city...:p