Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beagle takes best in show

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Saw this on TV last night and told my wife it was a good looking dog, but probably ain't worth a shit for what its breed is meant to do. Doubt that dog could run a rabbit in a paper bag...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That made my daughter light up. Graci said "Izzy Bea would need to go on a diet if she were in that competition." lmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It's the daughter/grand daughter of the beagle that won it for the first time back in 08.... Jesses right though, probably a pampered pet afraid of bunnies lmao... You can have those pretty puppies I'll take mine any day of the week.....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
LOL as my wife seen that on the evening news and said 'a dumb beagle won?'. You see my son raised beagles when in High School and I swear they were the dumbest dogs on earth. The male would climb the fence and get caught between the fence top and electric fence 10 times per day. But the little bastard bred the females good.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
LOL as my wife seen that on the evening news and said 'a dumb beagle won?'. You see my son raised beagles when in High School and I swear they were the dumbest dogs on earth. The male would climb the fence and get caught between the fence top and electric fence 10 times per day. But the little bastard bred the females good.

Little pecker can be the death too us all...... lol..... We had one of those years ago and didn't have it long..... Haven't had a male in our arsenal since.... Bitches may be crazy but at least they're manageable.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's the daughter/grand daughter of the beagle that won it for the first time back in 08.... Jesses right though, probably a pampered pet afraid of bunnies lmao... You can have those pretty puppies I'll take mine any day of the week.....

That's something because the hound group rarely ever wins best in show. Pretty dang cool.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
It sort of follows the mood of the country. I can remember the era of Rotties and G shepherds.