Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ryan's 2015 trail cam thread

rsmith

well, I figured I would start a new thread for the new year. Here is a update from my pull a couple days ago. Got some new bucks showing up and also some returning rack which is very exciting.

rsmith

gonna be some good ones

I keep trying to tell myself that.. I passed on a buck I was questionable on but I keep telling myself since I gave him 1 more year he should be a great buck next year.

I passed on him

in hopes he will turn out somewhat like him next year, high and tight. Somewhat of the same characteristics

teej89

NE PA
nice! Whats the reflecting stick thing? It's in different areas in the photos, is it the same one and you moved the camera?

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Some good lookin bucks man! Love that eight with the big turkey foot right side! Looks like you're gonna have a good number of sheds to look for. In the sixth pic it kinda looks like a shed buck but it might just be a really fat doe. Looks like a great spot to try dumping some corn between some square bales to help those antlers off

rsmith

That stick is a orange stick we use for reference marks when plowing the drive, I took one and it is my 30 yard mark from my stand. To say we got a little snow is a understatement, we got about a 11 inch base of snow so far and they're calling for 2-4 inches more tomorrow. As for them sparing they do it almost every night so I'm hoping one of them drop them right their. That 6 keeps sparing with every buck he sees so hopefully he will knock some of the other bucks loose.

rsmith

Some good lookin bucks man! Love that eight with the big turkey foot right side! Looks like you're gonna have a good number of sheds to look for. In the sixth pic it kinda looks like a shed buck but it might just be a really fat doe. Looks like a great spot to try dumping some corn between some square bales to help those antlers off

I never thought of using square bails! That's a good idea! I may try that out!

rsmith

I got really bad buck fever and can not wait till next year. Got my new bow dialed in, new DRT broadheads, new release, better ideas for stand locations to maximize chances of shooting a nice buck, 4 8ft crabapplr trees on order for around the plot, and Eagle seed soybeans to plant in my plot and oats to overseed with for late season food along with corn to create a screen to make them feel comfortable and to make it easier for me to enter and exit the stands. It can't come soon enough

Last edited:

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
4 8ft crabapplr trees on order for around the plot,

Those will be awesome in time but don't put too much stock into them helping you out this year. I'm no tree-ologist but I have planted many in the past few years. It takes a couple years for them to start to produce. Shoot, none of mine have started producing yet. I'm hoping they do this year.