Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What was that?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Every once in a while you come across something that makes you sit back and think.... They have test cells that are outside and some that are inside a hush house, they run the jet engines inside these detached from the aircraft after overhaul. Here are the after pictures of the window that separates the the actual run room from the operator console....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424308788.657063.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424308804.544542.jpg

Some of the engine pieces actually made it thru the window and hit the operator and roughed him up some.... None the worse for wear though.... Have seen both models and have been up close and personal with hem and never worried about anything like this... lol.... Maybe I should of lol.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Same reason we hauled big tire cages into the field for breaking down tires/rims and airing them back up. Just because the split rims were in a cage doesn't mean you are 100% safe. Could have been worse. Glad your guy wasn't seriously injured J.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
This was from a commercial airliner test cell Phil.... They were at full power and a bearing came apart and took the mid section and aft of the motor apart.... Basically a grenade in a room....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Yikes!! So much for over-kill on keeping you safe!! Glad no one died from that crap!

very true. In my current job I have to deal with many HSE managers, HR managers, Plant Managers, etc. I am one who is sometimes thinking is this really necessary..... now I see why!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That probably stopped it better than a fuselage would...:smiley_bril:

Fuselages just slow it down a little.... I always sit next too the "plane of rotation"..... If it's going too happen better too get it over quickly..... rotflmao