Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Please Educate Me

I don't know if any of you are involved in it or perhaps annoyed as bad as I am lately but what the heck are all these products nowadays by what I thought were normal people pushing the hell out of.............Le-vel, Thrive, Advocare, Nerium, etc. Are all of these things pyramid schemes or something??

angelzd28

My mom sells and uses Advocare, not big time or anything but I do use one of there products. They have good stuff from what I can tell, although not sure if it is a pyramid scheme. On a side note Drew Brees of the Saints pushes Advocare in commercials, so I doubt he would rep a product that is a pyramid scheme. Just my two cents.....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
They are pyramid schemes, but everyone I know that has used the Advocare products, loves them. Cotty sells them and believes wholeheartedly in them. Several of the guys I work with use Spark and have done the 24 Day Challenge. I'm yet to speak to someone who doesn't care for their stuff.

Don't know much about the others listed.

The reason I ask about these is I have a few friends that push some of these products to no end and it's like they're mesmerized by it all. One sells the Nerium stuff and it's a line of anti-aging creams. Bless her heart as she is the nicest lady, but even the before and after pictures of her skin don't look any different yet her FB page is filled with it and she posts so often on local swap sites that allow it about how well it works and to contact her about selling it yourself. Same with the Le-vel stuff, one guy I met on another hunting forum started selling it and now instead of him posting up shed pics and hunting related stuff he's infatuated with 'passing the word on' and trying to get others to join him in the big sale. They just scream pyramid scheme and if they are it sucks to see decent people sucked into them.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They are pyramid scheme. But they preferr to call them "sales based profit-sharing". Here is how it works. Typically you decide to sell it. The company requires you to purchase a certain amount upfront. Somewhere between $1000 to $3000 worth of product. So you get this crap in the mail and now you have to sell it. You quickly find out it's not as easy as you thought. But you're $3000 in the hole. So you push the shit out of it. While you're pushing the shit out of somebody else notices that you're making some sales. They want to start selling it to. So they go by their $3000 worth of shit and you are a referral. The company gives you a referral percentage of their sales. Now you're noticing that you're making money off of them, and you don't have to try so hard to sell your ass off. So naturally you try to sign up more people so you can get more referral bonuses. and if one of those persons signed up someone. You get a referral sales percentage for both of them.

It's like a white peoples version of the dope game. You are hustling slinging rocks on the corner. Pretty soon some lill hustla down the road sees you ballin. He wants to get in on the dope game to. So you front him some rocks, he goes and sells them and you both make a profit. The end goal is to get as many lil hustlas as you can slinging your rocks. Next thing you know you got every little hustler on the block slinging rocks for you and you're sitting back collecting Benjamin's.

That's the way it's supposed to work anyways. Typically people buy that stuff and figure out quick they couldn't sell a hooker to a navy guy on payday, so they get pushy and go all out sales mode to try and recover their money.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
They are pyramid scheme. But they preferr to call them "sales based profit-sharing". Here is how it works. Typically you decide to sell it. The company requires you to purchase a certain amount upfront. Somewhere between $1000 to $3000 worth of product. So you get this crap in the mail and now you have to sell it. You quickly find out it's not as easy as you thought. But you're $3000 in the hole. So you push the shit out of it. While you're pushing the shit out of somebody else notices that you're making some sales. They want to start selling it to. So they go by their $3000 worth of shit and you are a referral. The company gives you a referral percentage of their sales. Now you're noticing that you're making money off of them, and you don't have to try so hard to sell your ass off. So naturally you try to sign up more people so you can get more referral bonuses. and if one of those persons signed up someone. You get a referral sales percentage for both of them.

It's like a white peoples version of the dope game. You are hustling slinging rocks on the corner. Pretty soon some lill hustla down the road sees you ballin. He wants to get in on the dope game to. So you front him some rocks, he goes and sells them and you both make a profit. The end goal is to get as many lil hustlas as you can slinging your rocks. Next thing you know you got every little hustler on the block slinging rocks for you and you're sitting back collecting Benjamin's.

That's the way it's supposed to work anyways. Typically people buy that stuff and figure out quick they couldn't sell a hooker to a navy guy on payday, so they get pushy and go all out sales mode to try and recover their money.

Excellent explanation.rotflmao

at1010

*Supporting Member*

Joe since you always have great understand and responses to threads. I want to ask you your take on VEMMA. I am not in the market to get a second job, but I have a few buddies who do this VEMMA/VERVE stuff. They swear by it, they are driving BMWs that the company supposedly buys them. They always are face booking how they are going to be millionaires and all that jazz.

I have tried to debunk their theory because I work my ass off and I aint even close to their "status" (self proclaimed). What is your take on this group ?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I must live in a deep hole as I haven't heard of any of these products. Lucky me.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
The true key to having a successful network marketing business (pyramid scheme) really has nothing to do with the product its self. It is truly about how well networked you are and how well the people you are networked to are. Hence the pyramid.

The people that are getting the trips and the cars and all that jazz, are in all honesty not moving much product themselves. They have just utilized their network to sell for them. Just like Joe said. The reason why most people never achieve the dream is that they are so focused on just pushing and selling the product they miss out on the networking side of the business.

The other key is to realize that these kind of businesses are a revolving door for the most part, and it generally attracts a certain type of person.What I mean by that is the life span of any certain product only stays around for a couple years at the most before the next best network marketing product comes out. To get in early is the key. That way you you can be bringing it to the all the network marketing junkies.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
What is the actual earning potential with these?

I am not interested in doing one but I just hear these ppl "I'm a rich man" "I don't need school, I am an "entrepreneur". Seems to me like these kids are brain washed!

This is all coming from VEMMA I don't know any other products listed.

My wife tried this idea with Monavie. The people that got in on the ground floor did make some serious cash due to the networking that Hoyt related to. My wife made nothing, but used the product for a while. But at $40 or so for a bottle that lasts a week most people wouldn't buy the product. Might work in California, but most people in Ohio can't afford stuff like that.

angelzd28

They are pyramid schemes, but everyone I know that has used the Advocare products, loves them. Cotty sells them and believes wholeheartedly in them. Several of the guys I work with use Spark and have done the 24 Day Challenge. I'm yet to speak to someone who doesn't care for their stuff.

Don't know much about the others listed.

Like you said it is a pyramid scheme, but a lot of ppl at work use advocare, especially the Spark stuff. I always drink a spark when Im at my moms, good substitute for coffee every once in a while.

I'm guilty of the advocare thing. Gay? If you say so.

Stuff works though! Sorry if it annoys you on FB. I wouldn't pimp it if it didn't work though.

Never said any of it was gay, just was wondering more if these were legitimate things people have been doing or if there was more behind them. You certainly aren't the only one I've seen talking about the product as that's why I decided to ask. I half wondered if by chance some of the people selling maybe got in too deep and are in a panic now with it as that's how often I see their postings. You certainly haven't been one of them. On the Advocare, did you have to buy in to get started with it? What does it do for you??

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Never said any of it was gay, just was wondering more if these were legitimate things people have been doing or if there was more behind them. You certainly aren't the only one I've seen talking about the product as that's why I decided to ask. I half wondered if by chance some of the people selling maybe got in too deep and are in a panic now with it as that's how often I see their postings. You certainly haven't been one of them. On the Advocare, did you have to buy in to get started with it? What does it do for you??

Someone else said it was gay. I just laughed. No big deal.

Actually, joe described it pretty well.

A friend referred me to it when I got serious about bettering my health. He was a distributor and I originally just bought it. Then, I found out I liked it and really liked what it did for me, so I signed up as a distributor just for the 20% discount. It costs $79 to become a distributor but you get $55 worth of product with that.
Then some people bought off of my page and I got a little paycheck. That was nice because it helped pay my next order. Then I made a little more money.
Am I in over my head? Not at all. Is it a pyramid? Yes.

It was a low cost to do it. I only did it because I knew I was going to keep buying the product and now, with very little promotion on my end, I'm making a little extra spending money as well. And, I'm now at a 40% discount for life! Pretty cool if you ask me.

What does it do? It's a weight loss tool that also has greatly improved my health.

Last edited: