Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Atomic bombs dropped on japan

I talked with a WWII Veteran while fishing at Kiser Lake, last spring. He was in Nagasaki, Japan, 4 days after it was bombed. I asked him what it looked like and he said it looked very similar to the black topped parking lot where we're standing. I had a very interesting conversation with him.

I gave him the 5 crappies that I'd just caught and he as tickled to get them, but not as honored as I was to have given them to him.

Bowhunter57

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
My grandpa "obtained" this flag while fighting in the pacific. These flags were signed by the japs family wishing him good luck in the war.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424101172331.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424101172331.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 67
My grandpa fought the japs in the pacific during WWII. He passed away last December 10th and I sure miss him. I haven't really said to much about it as we were close and it's been rough. That generation was one of a kind and there aren't too many left. It's a shame because these douce bags running our country today could learn a lot from them.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424113952.283785.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My dad's youngest brother fought in the South Pacific and could never have kids. A well kept family rumor was he had his nuts shot off by a Jap sniper. Only heard the story once when my dad had too much to drink.
My uncle adapted about 8 kids and almost each one was of a different race. It made for a strange family picture.

themedic

OHIO
My mom's dad was a machine gunner on a battleship in WWII and he had a story about a jap almost suicide bombing the ship and him trying to gun him down. Said he flew so close to the ship he could see him in the drivers seat. Lost him in 2001.

Now my wife is german with dual citizenship , both her grandpas (mom and dads parents)are alive and they both fought in the war...against each other. They are best friends today...pretty amazing story.

twireman

Kingston, OH
My papaw who will be 91 next month and healthy was in the navy in ww2. Granny would always get pissy talkin about vacations since he never wanted to go on any.. He would say "woman Ive been around the world twice not much else I can see" lol.

My papaw who will be 91 next month and healthy was in the navy in ww2. Granny would always get pissy talkin about vacations since he never wanted to go on any.. He would say "woman Ive been around the world twice not much else I can see" lol.

Lol sounds like my grandpa! He said the one thing that was worse than battle was sailing through hurricanes.