Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Wtb 17-18" Aluminum Flat Bottom Jon w/ Jet Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I recently sold my 16' jet drive boat because I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. I am looking to go slightly bigger with either a 90/65 or 60/40 jet. If anyone has a lead on anything please let me know. Thanks!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Can you educate me a little on what the 90/65 and 60/40 is all about? Jet drive is?

Sorry to hijack, but I have multiple people looking for me, but I'm not real knowledgeable on boat terminology. If you don't mind schooling me a little, I'll get on the look out.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
lots of people are unloading hunting rigs right now it the time to buy,,,,,,,,90/60 means,,,a 90hp motor when made into a jet only has 60hp

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Michael hit the nail on the head, by getting rid of the factory lower unit and putting a jet lower on your motor you will lose 30% of the motors power. Therefore my motor is a Merc 60hp but bc it has a jet its only a 40 hp motor now.

Marcus, if your on Facebook check out SEMO Jet Enthusiasts. Tons of boats and motors for sale on there and all over the country.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
lots of people are unloading hunting rigs right now it the time to buy,,,,,,,,90/60 means,,,a 90hp motor when made into a jet only has 60hp

I've seen a lot of nice duck boats for sale. However, only a couple with a jet. I gotta have a jet to run the shallow rivers around here. Jets are tough to find! Waiting to hear back from a guy who has my dream boat if he is interested in selling or not. 2011 18' Roughneck with a 90/65 Merc jet.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Michael hit the nail on the head, by getting rid of the factory lower unit and putting a jet lower on your motor you will lose 30% of the motors power. Therefore my motor is a Merc 60hp but bc it has a jet its only a 40 hp motor now.

Marcus, if your on Facebook check out SEMO Jet Enthusiasts. Tons of boats and motors for sale on there and all over the country.

Thanks man. I will check it out.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've seen a lot of nice duck boats for sale. However, only a couple with a jet. I gotta have a jet to run the shallow rivers around here. Jets are tough to find! Waiting to hear back from a guy who has my dream boat if he is interested in selling or not. 2011 18' Roughneck with a 90/65 Merc jet.

Check down south too. Louisiana or Mississippi. Probably have way better luck there.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Arkansas. Fuggin boats are everywhere! I joined a FB page for duck boats and 8 out of 10 were from Arkansas. If you wanted a boat down there, just walk around the corner.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Well the boat I was really hoping for didn't pan out. The owner wouldn't let me run it because he said the river was to dangerous and was insulted that I didn't take his word for it. So that was an easy choice to walk away from that one. So I am still looking if anyone has any leads.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well the boat I was really hoping for didn't pan out. The owner wouldn't let me run it because he said the river was to dangerous and was insulted that I didn't take his word for it. So that was an easy choice to walk away from that one. So I am still looking if anyone has any leads.
You did the right thing, and the fact that he was insulted only makes his boat more suspicious. Any trustworthy person selling a halfway decent boat would understand you'd want to run it before buying it.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
You did the right thing, and the fact that he was insulted only makes his boat more suspicious. Any trustworthy person selling a halfway decent boat would understand you'd want to run it before buying it.

Yeah, I thought it was crazy that he would expect me to hand him thousands of dollars without even a simple test run.

Status
Not open for further replies.