Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just drop those antlers already!

HighHopes

I've been impatiently monitoring this group of bucks for a few weeks. They come in to snack on corn and get their pictures taken almost every day. I keep checking my cam every few days to see if they shed, but so far most are hanging on. There are a few that have 1 gone and others with both, but the biggest ones seem to be keeping theirs the longest. It's driving me crazy! lol! Just can't wait to get out there and find those bones! Especially the one big heavy 8 point. I'm calling him Slingblade.
Anybody else keeping tabs on a particular buck or two?

HUNT0015.jpgHUNT0024.jpgHUNT0428.jpgHUNT0751.jpg

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Welcome. Last night leaving the rig I saw two nice bucks standing next to the lease road still packin theirs here in PA.

HighHopes

Thanks for the welcome guys. I just recently found this forum and I'm enjoying looking through older posts and seeing some great finds.
I live in Cbus, but the bucks pictured above are at a farm I hunt in Logan County.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to the site and good luck this shed season! When they do shed it looks like you'll have plenty to look for!

HighHopes

HUNT0432c.jpgHUNT0459c.jpgHUNT0462c.jpg

Ol' Slingblade is still visiting every day, and still carrying both sides of his rack. 30-some pics of him since Friday, plus lot of other bucks. I just put more corn out and keep waiting... Here's a few pics from the card I pulled today.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
With how heavy this snow is I'm wondering if you could get some sheds by pouring corn out in a line and rolling it up in a few giant snowballs. I would think if it was packed tight enough it could work pretty well

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
With how heavy this snow is I'm wondering if you could get some sheds by pouring corn out in a line and rolling it up in a few giant snowballs. I would think if it was packed tight enough it could work pretty well

Who wants to go through all the work and noise it takes to make giants snowballs? Just dump the corn in the thicket, they'll go in after it.