Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Reloaders in SW Ohio

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have chance to go in and put a offer on a large reloading outfit. From the pictures I got it looks like I have almost everything already.
There are 2 single stage presses. a Dillon 550 progressive press and all kinds of related equipment such as powder measures, tumblers, powder, bullets and cases.
My friend gets 1st choice as it's his best friend that passed away and I did go PD shooting with the Doctor out West couple times.
I would prefer not to ship the big heavy items.
FTF would be great. Otherwise it will be Ebay and gunshow supplies.
ASAP

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
...still awaiting your phone call about this stuff. Hopefully all is well and you are busy and it just was forgotten.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My friend is still sorting the stuff out. I haven't seen or bid on it yet. I haven't forgotten you. Only seen older pictures.
ASAP.

...still awaiting your phone call about this stuff. Hopefully all is well and you are busy and it just was forgotten.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I picked the reloading equipment up today. Everything is in excellent condition. Had to take out of the basement in boxes and have to sort it out and make sure all 10 conversions have the correct parts together.

Still have to check the conversions for correct parts. There are 10.
223, 243, 308, 30-06
38-357, 9MM, 40S&W, 44 Mag, 45ACP, 45LC

All have dies but some conversions there is only one shellplate since they interchange. i.e. 243, 308, 30-06 and 45ACP is the same shellplate.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had a great show in Lima over the weekend and sold every item including the 32 lbs. of powder. One of the best cash shows in Lima in 29 yrs.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Latest scare bringing them out of the woodwork Frank???

Somewhat but not really. All the Dillon items were sold to present Dillon press owners at 75-80% of retail. Dillon products are top of the line in reloading but are damn pricey. The severe cost on Dillon is the additional conversions cost from one caliber to the next.
I've had 4 Dillon presses for 20 plus years and all were used out of estates. Bad luck for them but good luck for me.
I use a 550B in both small and large primer setups so I don't have to switch primers size, a 650 press in couple calibers for volume for PD shooting. Then a Dillon 1050 for 223 for PD volume. When I got the 1050 press it came with 7 caliber conversions and as I switch over to other calibers I'll be getting rid of one of my 550B presses. But Hedgelj has 1st choice since he missed the one I just sold.

Dillon products are like farm tractors. Buy it 15-20 yrs. ago and keep it in nice shape and sell it for 50% more than the original cost. A Dillon 550B press cost 15 yrs. ago was 250.00 and cost 440.00 today plus 25.00 shipping now sell for 375.00 used and have a line of guys waiting to buy it.

Last edited: