Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buck of the Month Update

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm going to make a concerted effort to do a BOTM each month hence forth starting in March. The plan is to use bucks from all seasons since TOO's creation rather than just using bucks from the past season. I'm going to exercise a little creative freedom with people's original stories so that I'm not placing the burden on them to rewrite something they have already written. When chosen for a BOTM entry, I will PM the hunter to get some current reflections on the hunt, pictures of the mount (if done) and a few other details, then I will mesh that in to a North American Whitetail style of article. Hopefully this sounds good to everyone.

That said, I'm looking for some suggestions on bucks to get me through the first few months, specifically bucks from seasons outside of 2014. Throw out some names and we'll get this thing rolling again. :pickle:

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
How about the monster 8pt JD shot? I don't remember the details but that thing was a hawg!

Curran had a great one as I recall too. Once again, I forget the details, but remember the story bringing a smile to my face. Been a lot of bucks killed from TOO members throughout the years to remember all the details on all the great bucks. Only Ric remembers every detail of every inch of antler. He is unbelievable in his memory when it comes to antlers. lol

TOO has it's own version of the Hole in the Horn buck as well if I remember right. It was the Hoytmania Hole in the Arse buck. That was a classic.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Outside of this season, I'd like to read about, Bankshot, your deer from the year or two before and JDs huge 8 to name a few! There are many stories I'd like to read! Let's do em all!!! Lol